Chapter 12

Daniyal

It was Faryals dholki , so Aeima was getting ready ,

He was on kids duty today .

"Mummy you look beautiful" Muaz said to her ,
She smiled at him,
"Thanks baby." She said,
"Mina aur Muaz dono ko handle kar lo gay?" She asked and he rolled his eyes ,

"Haan you say that like pehle kabhi naa kiya ho" he said ,
She smiled moving down to press a kiss to his cheek.

"Thankyou" she said .

She headed out .

________________________

Rizwan

It was his daughters dholki , his wife had just left.
"Abba ?" It was Ahmer ,

"Haan beta bolo?" He asked ,
"Woh mein Musa aur Taha k saath nikal raha houn, deir hojaye gi shayad." He said ,

"Theek hai beta tum jao ," he said ,
"Balkeh Ahmer eik kaam karo naa" he said ,
"Gee abba?" He asked ,

"Dada dadi k taraf se hotay huay jana , dekh lena unhe koi cheez tou nahi chahiye" he said to him,

Ahmer nodded .

"Balkeh apnay bhai ko bhi saath le lena tum" he said nonchalantly, and Ahmer turned to give him a look.

"Gee abba mein apnay bhai ko keh doun ga" he said , fighting a smile .

Rizwan felt like he had been caught.

"Zyada teiz naa bano tum , mein bhi chalta hun abba se mil loun." He said ,
Ahmer gave a small shrug.

"Aap agar bhai se milna chahtay hain tou bahanay kyun bana rahay hain?" He asked , his eyes were kind , no longer joking.

"Mein abba se milna chahta hun . Bus." He restated ,
Ahmer nodded .

"Ajj aap late nahi hogaye waisay ?" He said and Rizwan nodded .

"Haan buss kuch cheeze dekh raha tha." He said ,

"Abba aap retire kyun nahi hojatay ? Itna kaam kartay hain aap" he said , as the walked towards his parents house.

Rizwan sighed , none of his children were aware of the fact that he worked extra to pay off the settlement.

"Just a few more years phir retirement ka souchoun ga" he said patting his youngest sons shoulder.

Ahmer unlike all of them had not pursued medicine, he had instead opted for becoming a journalist.

"Tum batao , ajj tumhara din kaisa guzra." He asked , and his son started telling him about the latest interview he had conducted .

"Buss phir meine kaha aap apnay aap ko hee contradict kar rahay hain sir." He finished of by the time they reached his parents house.

"Mein andar jaa raha hun, tum late matt hona zyada" he warned his son.

"Abba mein subha se pehle ghar houn ga" he promised and Rizwan laughed .

The front door opened and Daniyal stepped out, he froze when he saw them.

Rizwan straightened , and headed inside, by the time he crossed his eldest , he heard him scoff,

"Wah Rizwan sahab aap apnay bacho ki khushi mein kish hona jaantay hain" he said ,

Rizwan didn't let it show that how much his words affected him.
He gave a nod and headed in.

How he wished someday things would get better between them.

He stepped in and could hear the tappas being played . He walked towards the other side , towards his fathers office.

When he did enter, Hammad was sitting there opposite his father a chess board inbetween.

"Assalamulalikum abba" he greeted his father who gave him a smile .
"Kaisay ho Hammad," he asked ,

Hammad got up but he signalled him to sit back down.

"Kaun jeet raha hai?" He asked ,
Hammad nodded his head towards his grandfather ,
"Dada , taya jaan" he said ,

His father turned to him,
"Tum batao Hospital pe chakar laga ?" He asked ,
They were building a charity hospital , it had become a passion project of his father's recently .

"Gee abba , gaya tha mein subha , bus lhatum hee honay wala hai" he said ,

"Shoib ajj araha hai?" He asked ,
Rizwan shrugged ,

"MNA sahab ki ajj koi meeting thi , woh keh raha tha waha se farigh hokar aaye ga." He told them.

His father nodded ,

"Rizwan beta mere kamray se zara meri reading glasses laa dou" his father said ,  Hammad frowned ,
"Mein le aata houn dada," he said getting up but his grandfather gestured him to sit .

"Nahi beta , Rizwan ko jaanay dein aap" he said .

It was such an odd request.

He got up and went to his father's room.

The moment he opened the door , he understood why his father had done so.

Sitting on the bed was his grandson. He turned to look at him when he entered , and tilted his head.

Feeling like his heart would burst , he didn't have to.
In that moment he heard a baby cry, and Muaz turned to him,
"Mina sirf  roti hai" he complained and Rizwan felt a small smile stretch on his lips .

"Acha ? Aur aap rotay hou?" He asked , and the boy shook his head.
"I don't cry, only when someone hits me." He told him.

Mina continued to cry,
"You hafta pick her or she won't stop." He told him and Rizwan picked up the baby, settling her over his shoulder as he swayed her .

The small warm body on his chest had already begun to heal his heart.

________________________

Aeima

"Latthay di chaddar uttay salety"

Traditional songs were being sung.
Daniyal had texted her that he was going to head out for a bit and that the kids were with dada dadi.

She noticed Faryal calling her but she put up two fingers , telling her she needed two minutes .

She headed out to check on her kids , and what she came across was such are heartwarming scene.
Rizwan uncle had Mina on his lap while he watched something with Muaz .

She quietly stepped out , and went back to the family room.

She sat down, Arzoo was bringing everyone in the centre to dance .

_________________________________________________

Smaller chapters are all I can-do rn .

Love youuu

Vote

Comment

Share

❤️❤️❤️❤️