Chapter 20

Daniyal

His father stood there right infront of him , and Daniyal did a mental calculation that technically his father should have retired but here he was .

Daniyal felt like kicking himself that he hadn't done a through check just sent his cv .

"Lets start?" His father said as he looked down at the papers ,

Maybe he could still quit? he knew he couldn't.

He decided the best course of action was to be as professional as possible .

Once the meeting ended , and everyone was dispersed , Dr Rizwan called him,
"Dr Daniyal, can I have a word with you?" He asked and Daniyal stood straighter than usual.

"I wanted to introduce you to your first batch," he said , Daniyal didn't speak , just followed his father .

These were  going to be a long six months.

________________________
"Has anyone of you ever assisted in a biopsy?" Daniyal asked , he was given a group of 45 students.

None if the raised a hand ,
"What have you assisted in?" He asked ,
One of the students raised a hand ,
"An appendectomy" she said confidently.

Daniyal nodded , these were final year students , they needed to be better.

"Very well, I will have three of you assist me in a surgery everyday , so that makes 2 surgeries per student ." He looked up to his father who stood at the top with his arms folded .

"Make groups of three and one of you email the list to me ." He told them,

"This is going to be how I conduct my class for the next 6 months, I will email you the schedule for this month.
Three of you will be assisting me , while the rest of you will observe and take notes. I want your notes to be submitted by the end of the surgery , emails are allowed so are written notes ." He continued .
"Being a surgeon is not easy , and my class won't be easy either ." He told them.

"Now I need the names and groups by 12 , and then I'll email you the list by 3" he told them .
"You're dismissed." He told them , as he headed out of the class room.

"Daniyal," Dr Rizwan called him from the corridor, he turned to him,
"Yes sir?" He asked ,
"I think you're making this more intense for the students than required" he said to him.
Daniyal clenched his jaw ,
"Does the Dean tell all his teachers on how to manage their classes?" He asked , raising an eyebrow.

Rizwan clenched his jaw ,
"No, but you're a new recruit whose been given final year students ," he told him,
Daniyal felt his blood boil,
"I think I was given this group according to my credentials sir" he said a little harshly.
"If you have a problem with how I'm conducting my module you can always fire me" he told him and headed out.

_______________________

Aeima

"Ya Allah !" Aeima said as Daniyal told her about his oversight.

"How did you overlook that ?" She asked surprised as she laughed ,
Daniyal groaned ,
"I really have no clue yaar" he said ,

"Its okay Daniyal you can get through this , all you have to do is be professional." She said
And Daniyal made a face.

"Why is daddy making funny faces mommy?" Muaz asked ,