𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐- 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟔

Today Matthew and I were going on our daily walk, and I was pushing him in his wheelchair. He's been getting used to not using his legs, and we've been getting used to our new life together.

    "You know I'm strong enough to push myself around." He says with a small frown.

"I know you can, but after not seeing you for so long, let me do something for you as you have done so much for me." I grab his hand and he squeezes mine.

A few soldiers then pass by with a nurse and say good morning. I say it back. Matthew then starts talking after a short silence.

"I keep thinking about William. How he should be here. Not exactly instead of me, but sacrifice should be rewarded. He was the brave one."

"You were both brave. And I don't think we can "should" about things that happen in war. It just happens. And we should live with it." Matthew then nods.

"But is it true that Mary is actually engaged to Sir Richard?"

"Yes, but she doesn't seem to be happy about it, I'm afraid." Matthew hums. I then push him across the grass a little longer until I ask him.

"Would you like to go outside, or do you want to go inside?"

"I'd rather stay outside with you, my darling." He then grabs my hand and kisses it. I smile.

~Later that day~
I was walking around to give soldiers their post and them handing me back letters to send out when I came across James. He was sitting on his bed reading, like usual. 

    "Hello sergeant, how are you, feeling a little better, at least?" In the war his arm was injured pretty badly and has many burn marks, and messed up skin on it.

    "Yes, I'm slowly getting better, and I think I'll be out of your hair soon." I smile sadly at him.

    "Well when you do go, please tell me, I couldn't live with myself if I don't get to say goodbye." He smiles back.

"Will do." I then continue to walk around and leave the room.

~Next day~
Mary, I and Matthew were on a walk since Mary wanted to talk about the house her and Sir Richard were thinking of buying.

    "It's big. The staircase is prettier than the one here. But mainly, it's just big."

    "Can we stop? I'd much rather see both your faces when we talk." I stop pushing him and Mary and I sit on the bench. "So, will you buy it?"

    "Probably. He says he wants to steal Carson to come and run it for us."

    "What?" I question. "You know Papa, won't be too happy to hear that."

    "I know, but I'll have to tell him at some point."

~Evening~
My family and I were all sitting in the drawing room waiting for Papa to arrive since he wanted to tell all of us something.

    "I'm sorry if it's a bit of a crush. I didn't want to be overheard." Papa starts.

    "Are we talking financial ruin? Or criminal investigation?" I roll my eyes at Granny's questions.

    "Neither. I'll get straight to the point. We have a patient who has been badly burned who goes by the name of Patrick Gordon, but he claims to be Patrick Crawley." I gasp as does everyone else.

    "But I thought he was dead. Didn't he drown on the Titanic?" Isobel questions.

    "Well, of course, it is what we all thought until now." Edith looks slightly angered at this.