│ ii. NEIGHOURLY DUTIES

STARGAZING
CHAPTER TWO.

STARGAZINGCHAPTER TWO

🕷🕸

SCHOOL HAD PASSED WITH AN HOUR BEFORE Y/n had to make her way to work. She sat in the chair behind her desk, talking on the phone with Gwen on the other end.

She and Gwen were discussing today's events from their point of view. Among the items scattered across her desk were a book she had to complete and a potted plant.

A desk was located in the corner of her room adjacent to her bed, flush against the wall and visible from the window.

A white small headboard rested behind the white bed that rested against the window seal. White curtains hung from the window seal and fell behind the bed. It was red bedding with different shades of red on each sheet. Next to her bed was a small lamp that was light pink in colour.

A bulletin board was situated above the lamp, resting on a side table. It listed plays and/or jobs that were currently available, as well as reminders.

In addition to such posters, there were posters from different musicals and bands adorning her walls, including the Killers, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, and Taylor Swift.

Several books were stored under the dresser that was located under an open bookshelf on the wall. Against the wall across from her bed was a tan vanity, that was scattered with makeup, tissues and needs, with a picture of her and Gwen hanging on the mirror.

The vanity was accompanied by a vintage square television mounted on a small long shelf with several movies. (500 days of summer, titanic, atonement, Casablanca, blue is the warmest colour, etc). Wall posters, musical posters, and television posters are still scattered throughout the room.

A red patterned single chair was in front of a double glass window, next to a tall lamp that had a tan shade over it.

The second window had a window covered with curtains, and the single chair had a tan lampshade behind it. The room was surrounded by tan walls, and the floor was covered with wooden floors and mitch-matched quilted rags. On the end of her bed, she had a matching quilt.

"History homework, and-" Before Gwen could finish, Y/n's father had walked through the door; knowing about it before seeing his daughter just sitting in the car with the pink phone towards her ear.

Her dad, motioned his hand so that she knew to hang up on the phone.

"I'll call you before I head to work," Y/n stated into her phone, which rested on the pale of her head.

"Okay, yea- I'll talk to you later, I have to start speaking for Oscop tomorrow," Gwen spoke.

It was then that Y/n pressed the red button, leaving the phone on her desk, before turning her chair to observe her dad sitting by the side of the bed.