what the feature holds

(Short chapter, sorry couldn't think of much)

Charlie's parents had allowed Alastor to stay the night while Furfur got the adoption papers in order much to the annoyance of Charlie's father, the two little demons were certainly inside their makeshift pillow fort, the pair were nestled with in many different blankets to keep out the cold, Alastor was lucky he had met Charlie when he did , it looked like their would have been a big storm tonight.

"Hey Al? You've been kinda quite is something wrong?"

The deer demon's ears perked up as he looked over at Charlie, was something wrong? He didn't know how to respond to that, he was grateful no doubt about that, this girl took had changed his life in a day... but he couldn't help but feel uneasy, like he was going to be sick to his stomach.

"No...nothing's wrong but I am..... a little scared" he said truthfully, Alastor wasn't sure what to make of the entire situation, on one hand he finally had a friend and a home but on the other hand he now was being thrust into a whole new involvement one he wasn't sure how to survive in.... he had seen and learned many things while he was on his own but nothing could have prepared him for life as an apprentice to a member of the elite, that's a rather big change for someone so young.

"I guess I'm just worried... i won't fit in" Alastor elaborated

Charlie give Alastor a sympathetic smile as she lightly nudged his arm "hey i get it, your scared because this is all new to you and you don't know what's going to happen, but don't worry i promise to stick by your side and help!"

Alastor's crimson gaze fall apon Charlie who was holding out her pinky.

"What's that?....." the little one asked, not too sure about the whole situation.

Charlie giggled at her friend's cluelessness, " warped your finger around it" she instructed, confused Alastor did just that, the princess cleared her throat and smiled wide, "as princess of hell and heir to the throne, i here by promise to always be your side, Alastor!" She declared, using her 'royal' voice, Alastor blushed and reacted his hand slowly, "t-thank you, sweetheart!" He blurted out quickly, the little fawn the went from pink to red as he realized what he had just said, it was something he had heard a grown up say to a woman before taking her arm and walking her home, Alastor was taken a back by his sudden lapse in judgment but much to his relief Charlie simply started laughing.

"Sweetheart? That sounds like something mommy would say to daddy!" She squealed happily.

Alastor's smile was still there though it was crooked and clearly embarrassed

As the princess continued to giggle, a thought suddenly came into her mind, "let's play mommy and daddy"

The young deer demon found himself even more flustered then he was a seconds with a simple "what?..." as his response

Charlie nodded happily, grabbing his hand she dragged him back to the fort with a baby doll close at hand, Alastor simply stared looking at the girl in front of him, she was so.... pretty, no that wasn't the word, she was sure something, five minutes passed and the boy still didn't know what to do or make of the situation, Charlie once again noticing her companions unease, gentlely put an hand on his shoulder, "Al?..." she said looking him in the eyes, giving him a kind and sympathetic glance.

"Sorry... I- I'm just not used to this... this nonsense" he said not knowing how to describe the situation he was in

Charlie was confused but tired not to take his words personally, after all he was, trying his best to be polite "what do you mean?"

"It's just that at this point in time I'm usually hungry, not playing pretend with pretty girls..." he admitted.

Charlie smiled her warm, welcoming smile and gently pant him on the head

"I'm sorry rushed you, this all so new and scary, but... I ment what I said, and I intend to stay ture to my world" she said with a big smile making Alastor feel less nervous and finally ready for whatever lay a head, it was comforting to know he wouldn't have to face everything alone, Alastor had never invasioned such a future, at best he he'd hope to survive to see tomorrow but now he was really going to have to work hard and make himself known.

Alastor chuckled slightly and laid himself on the bundles of pillows that the two had spread out on the floor with Charlie doing the same

"Charlie...." he said timidly

"Yes?"

"What do you think will happen in the future? Like what do you think will happen when we're all grown up?"

"Well I'd hope we'd still be friends"

Alastor chuckled

"Of course what makes you think we won't"

"Oh.... nothing it's just I-"

"Lights out you two"

The two children trun to see Charlie's mother overlooking both of them, "it's nearly midnight" the queen says, flickering the light switch

Both children laughed as the snuggled with each other in the shreets, "good night mommy" Lilith smiled as the closet door giving the two room to be alone

Charlie smile and Alastor looked back "you were saying?"

"Oh it's nothing, i just wanted to say, I hope we'll have fun growing up together"

The little fawn demon smiled, genuinely giving her some much needed reassurance

"We will"

The little princess yawned as she sighed happily content with her new friend yawning in turn, looks like both children would be asleep soon, Alastor smiled, he was still scared this was all a dream, but he soon happily dozed off next to Charlie ~

(Alastor x Charlie for the soul, it's adorable especially when it's innocent and sweet, sorry this chapter wasn't that exciting i just wanted something  simple and cute I'll be sure to be back on charlastor week though so stayed turned folks!)