Baby It's Cold Outside

So this is the first Cassarian fic I publish (I have some ideas written but I don't have the guts to publish them yet) so I hope I can develop the characters of Tangled (especially Cass and Varian) like in the series.

I got the idea after discovering the existence of the song "Baby It's Cold Outside" and finding this cute animatic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYRd1yJnv3k) that gave me the inspiration I needed. After listening to the song a hundred times and learning the lyrics, I decided it would be my main theme for my first Christmas fic.

By the way, English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for any misspelling.

Hope you like it. 💙

❄️❄️❄️

The asphalt of the street shone a pearly white, reflecting the afternoon sun. Passersby walked without stopping, clutching their jackets and scarves. Even though the sun was high, the cold December weather didn't allow any heat to fall on the city, known for freezing blizzards in the winter, and days of up to 104 degrees in the summer.

A girl was walking through the streets of this city. Her black boots made a constant noise while walking. She was wearing black leggings and a thick, knee-length ginda coat. A black scarf was clinging tightly to her pale neck and her gloved hands grasped a red plastic bag. Her raven-black hair, cut to the jaw, fluttered in the cold wind, and flakes of snow tangled in the singular grayish strands that stood out like a light in the dark. Her swampy green eyes narrowed at the rush of air that hit her pale face, causing her cheeks and nose to flush with red.

Corona was a picturesque city, with tall buildings, state-of-the-art technology, safe streets, and tourists all year round, and Cassandra loved it. The cold weather was perfect for her and in the summer she could spend the evenings at the house of her best friend, who was also the daughter of the president. She and her friends would spend hours by the pool or in the cool interior of the mansion playing board games.

But in winter, everything changed. The lake near her house was freezing over and she loved to skate on it at the end of the day. When the wind wasn't chilling the bones, they would go out for walks in the city, buying hot chocolates, and watching movies at the cinema. When it was too cold, everyone locked themselves in their houses. Except for her. Cassandra, or just Cass as she liked her friends to call her, was a fan of snow and cold, she was always out of it, skating or skiing on weekends with her adoptive father. She worked in a cafeteria near the center, she came in in the morning and left in the afternoon. She sometimes met Rapunzel, her best friend since the fourth grade. Other times, with Varian, her childhood friend. Despite being four years younger than her, they always studied in the same grade thanks to the supernatural intelligence that the boy had from an young age.

Her vacation days always seemed to follow a routine. Get up early Monday through Friday, go to work, leave work, spend evenings with Rapunzel, Varian, or alone, practice a different martial art every week before dinner and when her father arrived, they ate dinner while he told her how it had gone at the police station. On weekends, she'd skate in the morning, drive downtown, hang out with her friends, and end the day watching a movie with her dad. That's how they were and will continue to be for two more years until she graduates in Criminology and leaves the University.

Today seemed to be the same as any other Thursday of vacation. She went to work, served the customers with the previously practiced forced smile, and left at six thirty minutes. She wasn't surprised to see that Varian and Rapunzel weren't outside, having been told they were busy that afternoon. So she put on her headphones, played the new album by her favorite rock band, and walked through the streets adorned with millions of Christmas lights, huge garlands with red and gold ribbons entwined in them, spheres of the same color hanging from their branches. Christmas trees could be seen through the windows of houses and shops and carols played every three traffic lights. It was for this reason that Corona had won the "World's Most Christmas City" award for three decades in a row, not only for its decorations but also for the Christmas spirit of giving without expecting anything in return that everyone seemed to acquire on those dates.