Chapter 2: Her Beautiful Eyes

"Damn it..." Jake muttered under his breath after getting his call declined from Hailey for the fifth time. He needed to meet her somewhere, yet she didn't want to answer any of his calls, and she left all of his texts on seen. "I guess I'll have to go to her house then." He said, defeated. "I'm scared to though." He sighed. What if she kicks him out? What if he upsets her even more? He dreaded that possibility. He finally jumped off his bed, and grabbed his jacket. He sprayed some perfume on, and smoothed his hair. "I hope she listens, and I hope she forgives me..." He said to his reflection in the mirror. He walked out of the door and was met by an excited Oreo. "Hey buddy!" He greeted him warmly. Oreo barked happily and wagged his tail. "Wish me luck..." Jake whispered, and kissed Oreo on the top of his head. He then left through the front door, and started making his way to Hailey's.

   "Hailey sweetheart, can you please get the door? I'm washing the dishes!" Called Shannon from the kitchen. Hailey was on the couch, eyes red and tired from crying, a pile of tissues beside her. She groaned and got up, shuffling to the door. She didn't bother to look through the peephole, but when the door opened she regretted her decision. Jake stood there, a concerned frown on his face. His eyes grew when he saw Hailey. She looked so miserable. Yet he still couldn't unsee her staggering beauty, especially her beautiful eyes. Hailey felt a jab in her stomach, and her throat closed up. No she can't cry! Not in front of him again. "Hailey..." Jake said in a soft voice, his eyes full of concern. She noticed how he put his hands out to reach for her, but he clutched his fists and slowly moved them away. "What do you want..?" Her voice shook, despite her wanting to sound angry. "I-I just... need to talk to you!" He said determinedly. "Well I don't want to talk to you, I think I've made that pretty obvious." She growled. Shannon suddenly walked out of the kitchen. She saw Jake at the door and smiled. "Jake! Please come in!" She invited him in as she walked to the door, opening it widely. Hailey glared at her mom. Shannon smirked and rolled her eyes. Jake awkwardly walked inside. "You two need to talk, why don't you go somewhere private? The backyard? Hailey's room?" Shannon suggested. Hailey rolled her eyes. "I don't want to force Hailey to do anything she doesn't want to do, if she wants I'll leave..." Jake said nervously. "You obviously won't be able to solve this little misunderstanding without talking about it." Shannon pointed out. "It isn't a small misunderstanding mum!" Hailey said angrily, her eyes clouding with tears. "Hailey... please, I talked to Zander and Luke. I told them what happened, I don't know if they believed me or if they forgave me, but they agreed when I told them that I need to talk to you. Can you please give me one more chance to explain?" He begged sadly. Hailey looked away, tears running down her cheeks. Shannon walked back into the kitchen, to give them some privacy. Hailey suddenly took Jake's hand, and walked with him into her room. She let go as soon as she closed the door. "Okay, you can explain, but I want you to tell me everything! And don't lie!" She said, her voice almost breaking into a sob. He couldn't handle it anymore, seeing how much he hurt her. He muttered something under his breath and walked up to her. He hugged her, very tightly. She resisted for a second, but then she melted into his embrace, and started sobbing uncontrollably. He started crying too. "I'm so sorry..." He mumbled stroking her hair. She didn't reply. She couldn't, her sobs kept interrupting her. After a few minutes, Hailey let go, she looked at him, and he smiled warmly at her. "Explain everything please." She said firmly. He nodded, and explained everything. He didn't leave out any detail, making sure to tell her everything. When he finished, Hailey looked conflicted. "I can't believe Drew... and I can't believe how much he influences you!" She said angrily. "Why does he hate us so much? I don't understand what we did wrong." She grumbled. "Why do you get affected by him like that? By all of them? Their goal was to make you admit that you hate us! That you're just using us... for Daisy..." She looked away frowning. "Hailey you know that's not true! You know I love you guys! All of you... especially you." He stammered. She looked at him, narrowing her eyes, as if trying to figure out whether he was lying or not. "I need some time to think about this." She finally said after a few moments of silence. Jake nodded and stood up. Hailey stood up with him, and she walked him to the door. "Call me okay? Please?" He said when he reached the door. She nodded hesitantly. Jake wiped her cheek with his thumb and smiled. "I'll see you later." He said. "See you." She replied quickly. She closed the door, her face bright red. "So..? How did it go?" Shannon asked as she came downstairs. Hailey looked at the floor to hide her red face. She cracked a little smile. "Great."