✬ 𝚃𝚠𝚘

THREE WEEKS LATER

I was seated on my bed, in my room, gisting with my sister as we laughed and chatted about everything and nothing. When all of a sudden.

" hold o-" I yelped, running to the toilet as I emptied my bowels in the WC.

"Ugh" I groaned, massaging my temples as I had began to feel lightheaded. After washing my face in the sink, I dry it with my clothe and step out of the toilet.

"I'm back" I announce to my sister, falling down on the bed. A low sigh escapes my lips as I began to feel the headache slowly creeping in. Oh, not again.

"Amarachi" my sister calls out. I prop myself up with my elbows so I could face her.

"Yeah?"

"Amarachi" She calls out again, staring at me fiercely.

"Yes?" I reply, a quizzical look on my face.

"Amarachi how many times did I call you?"

"Uh... two, well... three if you're adding the one you just said now" I say.

Shaking her head, she says.

"Amarachi I've been observing you oh. The way you've been behaving lately, it's... it's so off."

She pauses for a while, staring at me intently.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" She asks.

"Something... like what exactly? Because, I don't think I have anything to tell you" I reply, scratching my head.

"Hmmm" she hums deeply.

"Amarachi, you think I haven't noticed the sudden morning sickness you've been experiencing lately. Three days ago, I caught you vomiting by the bush" she pauses.

" And let's not forget the fatigue, you've been acting so lazy these days. I mean, just yesterday you missed your morning class because you claimed you were too tired to go"

I look down, it's true. I've been feeling so lazy and tired these days, it's so unlike me.

"Amarachi look at me"

"I want to ask you a question and I need you to answer me very honestly" she says holding eye contact. I nod, giving her the go ahead.

"ARE YOU PREGNANT?" She drops the bomb.

I felt my body jerk and my eyes widen darting from left to right.

"W... Wh.. what?? Me pregnant?? N.. no no of course not, where'd you get that silly idea from?" I question, chuckling nervously.

"Oh my gosh! Amarachi have you slept with a guy?!" She asks a shocked expression on her face

"No! I never said that" I reply, shaken.

"You don't need to voice it out, your reaction says it all!!!" She says, pacing back and forth.

"You're scaring me!" I yell.

She rushes to the bed, sitting down beside me.

"Amarachi, right now I need the truth and nothing but. Have you slept with a guy?" She asks, eyes boring holes into my head.

I wanted to lie, I wanted to look her in the eyes and laugh, calling her crazy. But I couldn't.

Shamefully, I look down mumbling a yes.

"Why? Amarachi? We're you forced???"

"No! I wasn't forced. I did it with my boyfriend, somto" I say, avoiding her eyes.