28. Angst

Akshara realized that it meant Abhimanyu had to leave within 2 hours. She wasn't willing to let him go. But she had to. She just smiled and left from there. Everyone knew it was a forced smile. Neither of them were willing to stay away from each other.

Akshara went to her room and saw Abhimanyu sitting on the edge of the bed facing the door. She tried to lighten his mood and went forward.

Akshu - Abhiii tum mujhe bata do kya kya chahiye tumhe. Main jaldi se packing kar dungi. 2 ghante mein nikalna bhi hai tumhe. Tum ek kaam karo, thori der so jao. Main tumhari packing kar dungi aur tumhe flight se pehle jaga bhi dungi.

She took out the suitcase from the cupboard and was about to take out clothes too, when Abhimanyu grabbed her arms and turned her towards him. She was now facing her husband, who was fuming with anger.

Abhi - Tum kya samjhti ho apne aap ko? Chahti kya ho tum? Ki main phirse tumse durr chala jau? Kyun haan bola tumne Akshu?

Akshu - Abhi bas 3 4 din ki hi baat hai. Phir toh hum sath hi rahenge na.

Akshara's voice was cracking. Abhimanyu knew it that she wasn't willing to let him go to Pune. He wanted to hear it from her.

Abhi - Akshu itna sab kuch hone ke baad mere liye ek ek minute matter karta hai. Har ek minute har ek second main tumhare sath spend karna chahta hoon.

Akshu - Lekin Abhi yeh surgery bhi toh important hai na. Tum hi toh kehte ho ki tumhara profession tumhara pehla pyaar hai.

Abhi - Nahi. Mere liye ab sirf tum matter karti ho and nothing else.

Akshu - Abhi please samjhne ki koshish karo. Mujhe guilt hoga agar tum mere wajah se surgery ke liye nahi gaye aur uss patient ko kuch...

Abhi - Tumhari wajah se nahi main yeh apne liye keh raha hoon. Aur uss patient ko kuch nahi hoga. Main akela doctor nahi hoon jo charity cases handle karta hai. Aur bhi doctors hai aise jo free mein treatment karte hai.

Akshu - Abhi please maan jao na. Mujhe accha nahi lagega agar tum mere wajah se.....

Before she could complete, Abhimanyu stepped back and shouted.

Abhi - ENOUGH AKSHARA. ENOUGH.

Akshara looked at Abhimanyu. She had almost teared up on hearing "Akshara" but tried her best to not shed tears.

Abhi - Tum yahi chahti ho na ki main tumse durr chala jau? Theek hai. Done. Ab wahi hoga jo tum chahogi.

He quickly went towards the cupboard, took out few clothes and dumped them in the suitcase. Meanwhile, Akshara kept looking at him racing between the cupboard and the suitcase. As if he wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. She tried to keep her calm and explain.

Akshu - Abhi mere kehne ka matlab woh nahi tha. Main toh bas yeh nahi chahti ki tum apne kaam ko lekar compromise karo.

Abhi - Mera flight 2 ghante baad hai na? Don't worry. Main abhi nikal jaunga yaha se. 2 ghante tak wait bhi nahi karunga.

Saying this he took the suitcase and slammed it on the floor. He was about to leave the room when Akshara stopped him from behind. She held his hand.

Akshu - Abhi please aisa mat karo.

Tears flew through her eyes which Abhimanyu was unable to see but he could sense her crying.

Akshu - PLEASE

Abhi - BYE AKSHARA

He left the room, leaving behind Akshara in tears.

Akshara sat on the bed unable to figure out anything. Just an hour ago they were on a date and now they had a fight. She wasn't willing to let him go now. As much as he needed her, she needed him too.

It was 3 am. Akshara was sitting on the edge of the bed, sobbing, wondering if she made a mistake by taking a decision on behalf of Abhimanyu. Meanwhile, Abhimanyu was sitting in the garden. Yes, he hadn't left Birla House yet. I mean, how could he? He can never leave his Akshu crying behind. No matter how angry or pissed he was. He also realized his mistake and was currently guilt tripping.

Abhi - Shit. Yeh maine kya kiya. I know Akshu ko guilt ho raha tha ki uski wajah se main surgery ke liye mana kar raha hoon. But how could I speak to her in that tone. How could I shout at her. Woh toh bas mere acche ke liye bol rahi thi.

Akshara dialed Abhimanyu's number, wishing to talk to him once before he leaves for Pune. As soon as the first ring went, she heard someone's ringtone. She looked up and found Abhimanyu standing at the door. Akshara immediately got up from the bed and ran towards him. Abhimanyu quickly took her into his embrace and picked her up, holding her by her waist. He turned and locked the door behind him with one hand, while the other held Akshara. He walked inside the room and broke the hug.

Akshu - Abhi I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Mujhe tumhare behalf pe decision nahi lena chahiye tha. Please tum mujhse naraz mat raho.

Abhimanyu cupped her face and wiped her tears.

Abhi - Nahi Akshu. Main tumse naraaz nahi hoon. Tum kyun sorry bol rahi ho. Galti toh meri hai na. Mujhe tumse aise baat nahi karna chahiye tha. I'm sorry Akshu. Aur tum jo keh rahi thi uske bare mein socha maine. Yeh mera job hai and I cannot refuse. Main thora zyada hi overprotective ho gaya tha tumhare liye. Main samjh hi nahi paya tumhara point of view.

Akshu - Nahi Abhi. Yeh overprotectiveness nahi hai. Yeh toh tumhara pyaar hai mere liye.

Abhi - Akshu maine decide kiya hai main jaunga. Agar mujhe yeh baat pehle hi samjh aa jati toh yeh sab hota hi nahi.

Akshu - Abhi ab yeh sab baatein choro. I'm glad ki tum samjh gaye.

Abhi - Mera bohot mann ho raha hai tumhe apne sath le jane ka. Par waha agar main tumhe le gaya toh tumhara theek se khayal nahi rakh paunga. Pehle surgery aur phir conference. Isse better hoga ki tum ghar pe raho. Kamse kam Ma, Neil, Nishtha, Shefali bhabi toh honge tumhare sath time spend karne ke liye.

Akshu - I understand Abhi. Don't worry. Main yaha sabke sath khush rahungi. Infact, meri bonding bhi bohot acchi hai Neil aur Shefali bhabi ke sath. Tum meri tension mat lo.

Abhimanyu nodded. They sat together for a while and poured their heart out, before Abhimanyu had to leave for his flight. They had to stay away for 3 days.

It was almost 4am and it was time for Abhimanyu to leave now. They got up from the bed and Abhimanyu pulled Akshara into a huge teddy hug. Akshara sniffed and Abhimanyu could make it that she was about to cry. But Akshara didn't want him to see her tears. She pulled herself out of the hug and kissed his cheek.

Abhi - Akshu, rona nahi hai jaan. Okay? Koi bhi problem ho. Zara sa bhi ajeeb lage. Toh mujhe call karna. Agar raat ko neend na aye ya tabiyat kharab ho toh please pleasee call me. And I know tumhe nightmares aate hai. If you want I can request Nishtha to...

Akshu - Abhi abhi abhi. Relax. I promise. Mujhe koi bhi problem hogi toh main tumhe call karungi. Please tum apna khayal rakhna.

Abhi - Ji. Main apna khayal rakhunga aur tum bhi apna khayal rakhogi ok?

Akshu - ok baba. Ab tum jao. Nahi toh flight miss ho jayegi.

Abhi - Yes meri jaan. Tum bhi so jao ab. Itni raat tak jaagna tumhare liye theek nahi hai. Kal subah late uthna. You need adequate amount of sleep and don't forget to take your meds.

Akshara nodded. Abhimanyu kissed her forehead and made his way out of the room with his bagpack and suitcase.

Abhi (in his mind) - Pata nahi kyun aise Akshu ko akele chor ke jane ka mann nahi kar raha. Mahadev please sab kuch sambhal lena. Main toh nahi honga lekin aap toh honge na uske sath. Please meri Akshu ka khayal rakhna.

Meanwhile, Akshara was shedding silent tears, looking at Abhimanyu walking through the corridor.

Akshu (in her mind) - Please jaldi aana. I will miss you so much Abhi.

Hey guysss!! Here's a new update. Do give it a read and lemme know how you liked it. Byeee. Happy reading 🫂🫶🏻