Prologue

A brown and white she-cat padded into a clearing among other starry cats. The cats among them were a pale gray she-cat with heterochromatic eyes, a ginger tom with dark rings around his eyes, and a white she-cat.

"Nice of you to come Dawnpetal." mewed the pale gray she-cat, flicking her tail impatiently.

Dawnpetal shrugged, "I'm new in StarClan if you don't remember, Birchstar, I died only a few sunrises ago."

The ginger tom sighed, "Yes, that's the problem, you died."

"Oh don't make such a big deal out of it Foxmask." scolded the white she-cat.

Foxmask scoffed, "You're one to talk! You died last sunrise and left my son alone with your kits!"

The white she-cat let out a soft growl, "How dare you!" The she-cat's fur rose as she continued, "I never wanted to leave him! But giving birth killed me! It was me or those kits!"

Birchstar walked between the two and ordered, "Enough! We came here to talk of the prophecy, not bicker."

"You're right Birchstar..." sighed Dawnpetal.

"So..." mewed Foxmask, "What shall we do? After all, Dawnpetal was supposed to be the second prophesied cat but now she's here."

Birchstar shook her head, "Just because StarClan originally gave her powers doesn't mean it was her destiny. I spoke to Duskwhisper of another dawn that has come. He just doesn't know who it is yet."

"What about Lynxspring and Blackwing? Why were they given powers by Tallstar and Blackstar?" questioned Snowfeather, tilting her head in confusion.

"Well, I think the leaders decided that those two are needed to help Duskwhisper in the final battle with StormClan." assumed Birchstar, a bit puzzled herself.

Snowfeather sighed,"I wish I could be there to help him. Why did I have to leave him so soon? I know Quietsunrise will take care of my kits but I'm worried for Duskwhisper."

Dawnpetal chuckled, "He'll be fine, after all, he's always found a way to solve things. I just hope his sense can guide him. As well as Lynxspring's speed and Blackwing's stealth."

"You're right." agreed Birchstar, "Now, to just get Lynxspring and Blackwing to join ThunderClan...."