Chapter 2 - New Clanmate

Sunkit padded quietly out of the nursery. The only way she really knew how to walk since a sound hadn't escaped her throat since the day she was born. Her only brother Brackenkit trotted silently at her heals and somehow she could feel that he was listening to her thoughts.

"Sunkit, I'll come with you to visit Losteye." mewed Brackenkit.

The tiny she-kit nodded as her sibling led the way to the elder's den. She was a bit shocked her brother could tell where she wanted to go. Sunkit desperately wanted to ask how he knew but only small puffs of air would escape her throat if she tried.

Brackenkit turned abruptly and faced her, "I hear something." he whispered.

Sunkit gently tilted her head and followed his gaze to a fawn brown she-cat standing in the camp entrance. She definitely wasn't from ThunderClan since her stench told Sunkit otherwise.

"Lynxspring?" mewed Brackenkit, padding forward to sniff the she-cat.

A bit startled by the kit, the she-cat nodded, "Y-yes, how did you know?"

"Well, I saw you in my dream silly." he squeaked cheekily, leaping onto her foreleg and holding on, "Snowfeather says you're my new mommy."

"Snowfeather?" whispered Lynxspring, clearly confused, "She's dead?"

Sunkit and Brackenkit nodded in unison but only Brackenkit spoke, "Yeah... She went to StarClan after giving birth to me and my littermates but she visited me once. Now I dream of blood and battle cries."

Lynxspring looked a bit horrified and Timberstar padded out of his den and lead the WindClan she-cat to the medicine cat den, where Echoleaf shoed Sedgepaw out at the sight of their leader.

Sunkit nudged her brother as he watched Lynxspring pad away.

"I know," he responded, "I shouldn't have said so much."

He's weird, Sunkit thought to herself. She was sure he heard her thoughts but dismissed that from her mind.

Duskwhisper padded out of the warrior den and saw his kits in the clearing, "Hello Brackenkit, Sunkit."

His mew was almost cold but a little warmth clung to his mew. Sunkit wondered if he was trying to hide the mourning he was still doing.

"Hi Duskwhisper!" replied Brackenkit, "Did you see Lynxspring here!?"

Their father looked puzzled, "Lynxspring is in ThunderClan?"

Brackenkit nodded, "Over in the medicine cat den."

Duskwhisper quickly left his kits and padded over to the medicine cat den. When he arrived he knew his kit was telling the truth because Lynxspring's sweet scent flooded his nostrils.

"Timberstar I need to join ThunderClan. Cloverstar has already approved." came a mew from the den.

Duskwhisper knew it was Lynxspring and he walked into the den, "Timberstar, let her join."

The black tom turned to Duskwhisper and gave a huff of annoyance, "Why?"

"A prophecy." Lynxspring and Duskwhisper mewed at the same time.

Timberstar looked confused as he mewed, "Prophecy? Explain this prophecy to me."

As Lynxspring and Duskwhisper explained, Timberstar's expression began to change and went they were finished he gave a curt nod, "Alright, Lynxspring may join if it's the will of Birchstar."

"Thank you!" the former WindClan she-cat exclaimed, turning excitedly to Duskwhisper.

The pale ginger tom purred, "I can show you around the territory after Timberstar announces your arrival."

Lynxspring nodded and Timberstar left the den and called a clan meeting.

"Cats of ThunderClan," he mewed, "We have a new member joining us today."

Murmurs erupted in the crowd but were silenced by a swish of Poppydawn's tail.

"As I was saying," Timberstar continued, "the new member joining us is Lynxspring from WindClan."

No more murmurs were heard from the crowd and all was silent. No cat knew how to react but Timberstar didn't mind. He dismissed the cats with a swish of his tail and lept off the highledge to go share tongues with Lilybreeze.

"Let's go," mewed Duskwhisper, "before you gather a crowd of questioning cats."

Lynxspring nodded and the two padded out of camp.

Duskwhisper silently lead Lynxspring through the forest. Lynxspring gazed at Duskwhisper, feeling a bit concerned, "Duskwhisper, are you okay?"

The tom shook his head, "No, I am not okay Lynxspring. I lost my littermate and my mate this past moon."

"I'm sorry..." whispered Lynxspring sincerely, touching her tail to his shoulder.

Duskwhisper sighed but then purred, "I'm just glad you're here now Lynxspring."

"Me too." she purred in reply.

For the rest of the tour, neither spoke a word but they both could tell what the other was thinking as they locked eyes near camp.

"Yes." whispered Lynxspring, a purr rumbling out of her throat.
__________________________________

A/N: Well you all knew it would happen XD Lynxwhisper has happened! Sorry for yet another short chapter but I wanted to end at this moment.