Chapter 3:The Vanguard VS The Hero

"I am the first representative of Humanity, Bell Cranel! I am the adopted grandson of Zeus and Hera, and the Child of Hestia! I don't hate the gods, but I will not allow you to abuse your power, and destroy my people! I am known as the Calamity Slayer, and if your wish is to destroy Humanity, you'll have to go through me!" Bell declared, as he stabbed his blade into the ground, and flames danced around him once more. Bell then confidently smile, as everyone finally witnessed that white blazing resolve, burning in his eyes. "Now then. Let's begin, shall we..."

The audience was silent, especially the Gods, whose eyes widened, as everything the boy said was true. Even Zeus himself couldn't believe what he heard, an Adopted Grandson, and a Human one no less, but it got him thinking.

What was this boy's world like?

What was the boy's version of Zeus like?

And...

How can a Human be so pure?

Even the Goddess of the Sea, Poseidon, for the first time in her life, placed her eyes on a human.

"He's... Perfect..." She said.

After a few moments, most of the gods became enraged at Bell's declaration, even if he's the grandson of Zeus and Hera, he was still simply a lowly Human. But as quickly as they outraged, they went silent once Bell shifted his gaze towards them, it wasn't like before, his gaze was sharp, and cold, reminding them of Hera, thus causing many gods to shiver in fear. Bell calmed his gaze and shifted it towards Thor, and smiled excitedly.

"Vanguard, you ready?" Bell asked.

"Always..." Thor replied.

"Now that both of our contestants are ready, let RAGNAROK commence! Who will be the one to claim the first victory, The Vanguard of the Gods, or The Protector of Humanity?!" Heimdall announced. "Let the battle begin!!!"

The moment Heimdall said that, Bell lunged forward, as both he and Thor's weapons clashed creating a massive shock wave that encased the entire arena. The air pressure created by the shock wave as so intense, that most of the spectators covered themselves out of instinct. While Thor did add more force to his first swing, due to Bell's blinding speed, he was able counter Thor, even if he lacked strength. The eyes of the Gods widened, they couldn't believe what they were seeing, a Human was able to clash with Thor, even Thor couldn't believe it, his blade withstood the might of Mjölnir.