Chapter Five

It was the morning after our arrival. We had a smooth morning and everything went well. We had just finished breakfast and we were now playing outside. I was helping Isabella with the babies, and Krone was playing with the toddlers.

For the next few days I was inside helping Isabella with the babies. She always complimented me on having 'the mother's touch.' It was nice hearing it from someone other than the caretakers at headquarters. I helped her with cleaning, feeding the babies, and changing their diapers. Krone was called in every now and then, but she was in-charge of watching the kids outside.

It was the 27th now, ten days after Krone and I arrived. It's been a while since I've come outside, and I was enjoying the breeze, playing and talking to the little babies around me.

I was standing near Ray when the other children started coming out from the woods. "Y/N you finally came outside!" Lannion shouted. "I bet you would beat Norman if you played tag with us.

"Tag?" I said, patting his head. "Sounds fun."

"Yeah, you should play with us!" Mark yelped, running over to me and hugging me.

"You can't just erase your  footprints," Ray muttered as Lannion took a seat next to him. "You have to check Norman's footprints as well. And Norman is also reading your habits."

I spotted Krone running off into the forest leaving me puzzled. Great. I looked at Isabella who was also looking in the direction Krone ran off to. How is she going to work around this?

"For example Thoma you tend to..." Ray trailed off. His eyes flicked to me and then frantically started looking around. Guess he didn't notice her leaving. "Hey! Where did she go!"

I was standing in the forest next to Krone. Ray had ran after her, and the other kids followed along, dragging me with them. I asked Isabella for permission and she nodded. We both knew that the only reason I was going was to keep a close eye on Krone. She's a threat, not only to the children but for us too. What a snitch.

I looked around the forest. From the highest tree, to the small river I saw in the distance. I could hear nearly every little thing that there was in this forest. Perks of being at Lambda. I learned a lot from that nightmare of a place.

"I want to get to know everyone," Krone said, bringing her hands together, forcing a wide smile on her face. "So let's play tag."

The little children seemed ecstatic. But Emma, Norman, and Ray seemed to be having a telepathic conversation among themselves.

Ray turned to the two of us. "This match will have a time limit of 20 minutes."

Krone's smile widened. "I'm in. Try to get away from us."

Krone looked at me as I counted to ten in my head.

"Don't get in my way," she snarled. "We both know why you're here. Don't get in my way and I won't drag you down as I will to Isabella."

I laughed and crossed my arms. "Like you'll ever be able to drag me down. I may be younger, but I have more power than you will ever have. So don't go running your big mouth."

She looked around, and dashed off. I trailed along, keeping out of sight. I could hear everyone's positions. The bushes rustling, their obnoxiously loud breathing. I could even see some of them staring at me, peeking behind the trees. But it wasn't my job to catch them. The only job I had was to watch Krone. Watch how she moved and watch what she said. It was clear that she was trying to find who were the culprits. And it was also clear that she had a suspicion on who it could be. The top three scorers. And she wasn't wrong. Of course it'd be the top three scorers. It'd only be a logical explanation to assume them.