𝟎𝟎 | 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

(chapter zero) PROLOGUE

molly thrope has a complicated life

molly thrope has a complicated life. it's not all sunshines and rainbows. raising her sister by herself has been difficult. but she takes it one day at a time. she honestly couldn't have made it if it wasn't for the gallaghers. 

she grew up in the south side so it's all she's ever known, nothing has changed. her parents though, have changed.

her dad's a drunk but hasn't always been. he lost his good job when she was 8 then was job hunting for a year but quit and started drinking instead. he's either passed out in the living room to at a bar somewhere spending his wife's money. her mom has a steady job as a waitress. she leaves the house at 5 am to open the place up and doesn't get home until 9 pm. then when she isn't working she's getting paid to hook up with some guy. because of her parents never being around she's been raising her younger sister gabby since she was 10.

although the amount of money coming in hasn't been a huge issue it's more on how it's spent. her mom buys nice clothes with it and forgets to pay the bills and her dad uses it to buy liquor. molly has a system though. she takes a quarter of what her mom makes and uses it for bills. she also usually has a job but was fired from her last one for punching a customer in the face for shit-talking her.

now for the gallaghers. she met lip in kindergarten on the first day. they walked out of their houses at the exact same time and realized they were going the same way so they became friends. she quickly became friends with the rest of them very soon. her and gabby have been staying over since she was 10 and gabby was 3. 

and last but not least her sister gabby. gabby was born when molly was 7. she never had to worry about taking care of her until she was 2 when everything with their parents went down. she doesn't mind it though it made them super close.

that's it! now enjoy the book :)