╰┈➤ ❝ [Where It All Begins] ❞

The color of white gently surrounds you. Shining, it bores warmth upon your skin, leaving it cool with goosebumps. You exhaled; frost clouded lightly across your collarbones, your eyes slowly peering open to stare into the cloudy expanse of the world you lived in. The magic that surrounded you, lived within you—leaving you captive.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈ ೃ⁀➷ ♡

Here it is.. your first day at U.A. High...! Your name is Y/N and you have sparkling blue orbs, but you actually wear contacts because your right eye is green. Your long lost mother had left you a note you found one day when you were five that the eye color came from the royalty in her family, and you knew it perfectly because you could read from a shockingly young age. You were both ready and terrified for your first day here—you were still a bit stressed out from your terrible night! You had such a bad dream, but it wasn't uncommon. You had that recurring dream so much....

Anyway, you stepped into the school, your clothes framing your body so nicely as hair brushed gently on your face. You were so nervous, but your face was so gentle and sparkling that it was almost hard to tell. People were certainly staring, you thought, and you worried your quirk would flare up in embarrassment. You couldn't have that... your quirk was so strong you were institutionalized since you were three, and had to be on strong medication and watch for them....the medication could kill you if you take too much.........

As you head towards your class, someone bumps into you and you let out a noise of shock! You stumble back and fall to your knees, you could cry... already... getting bullied..? This couldn't be happening again. Part of you wished someone was there to help you—to save you from the hell that could be what this is.

"Hey," a voice said, and flipping your head back you looked up, your big doe blue and green shining sparkling orbs watching that of an angry blonde boy, red orbs watching you.

He was so gorgeous, with a strong frame and spiked blonde hair surrounding his face, resting gently against his cheeks and flickering across his eyes.

"Get up," he said, and offered a calloused hand, which you took and let his amazing strength tug you up into his arms.

"A...arigato..." you said, because you were Romanian-American, not Japanese!! He brushes it off though, and he pushes you away a bit, leaving you stumbling lightly off to the side. Watching him leave down the hallway, you held onto your bag, sighing lightly as you patted your knees off from being on the floor.

Heading away, you were ready to keep going, pulling your schedule out of your pocket to figure out where you were headed. Class 1-A, it seems. A hero class. You held your paper a little tighter—you really wished that you could be a hero! This was your first step into it all, and you weren't going to give it up for a chance.

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

Bell ringing, it made you jump up from your position over your books. You hadn't even noticed time flew by so much..! You glanced around the room, watching students stand up, faces that you couldn't even say were familiar. Maybe you would make friends, or... maybe not. You had no idea at this point. Slowly turning your book closed, you let yourself scoot forward in your seat to listen to what the teacher had to say.

"We're going to go outside to practice," he spoke.

"Already?" a student asked, but the teacher was nothing but solid in his decision, and you felt yourself shrink back in your chair a little.

You had to fight, now..? It scared you a little bit. You were already shackled with an immensely strong quirk, and you were still working with your adoptive parents to take care of it all. You couldn't really go on fighting other people, right..!? Nervous, you slowly raised your hand, watching eyes turn to face you. You were nervous, but still you kept your hand up, watching the face of that blonde boy from before glare at you through his bangs.

You took a breath... and you spoke.

"Excuse me, sensei.." you said, and your voice was like windchimes across the room, captivating the attention of all who heard it. It was a downfall... you were too shy for this. "I don't think my hero suit has come in yet," you said, and you lowered your arm, wishing you could hide..! "So I... I can't participate today."

"Your name?" he asked, and you gently pushed hair behind your ear.

"Y/N L/N.."

He nodded, flipping a few pages. "Right," he said. "You're one of the late transfers. Of course you don't have yours yet," he said, and you could feel relief burst in your chest.

Of course... you were right! It only made sense.

"You'll sit on the side, then. You can watch the other students and see what you're expected to do and how to perform. This class isn't going to be easy on you, Y/N," he said, and you held a gaze with the teacher, watching his glare through his dark hair. "You need to prove your worth."

You nodded a little.... You had to do your best. Anything to do your best.

Scrambling up with the other students, you headed towards the locker rooms to get changed, listening to the students around you as they chat and have fun together. You felt so alone; no one knew who you were and you were basically the least popular in class already. You just wanted to have a regular school life, not something like this. You let your arms wrap around yourself as you followed everyone else out to the field, watching the massive track shine underneath the blearing sun.

"Ahh..." you tried, lifting a hand to shade your delicate face from the sun. "It's so hot.."

"Y/N," you heard, your head turning towards the sensei as he addressed you. "Make sure you pay attention."

"Yes, sir!" you nod, giving him a short bow. You stand near the back of the line of students, listening to the teacher talk on about the lesson and goals for their time outside, watching them listen and get ready to perform. Quirks that were strong and gorgeous, they were all amazing to you, and you wondered if you would ever be perceived normally with the kind of quirk you had.

You could cry.... You felt like it was monstrous. Dangerous and strong, if you got it out of hand you were certain it could topple cities. You would never do something like that, you wanted to help people—to save them and make sure that they were safe, wrapped beneath the protective blanket of your magic.

You looked away; you almost thought you should just leave, before a hand took your shoulder, making you jump a little.

"Hey!" said someone, pink skin and raccoon eyes beaming back at you.

"Hi.." you greet, and you look at the other two that joined the girl, a sparkling boy with blonde hair and a squishy one with a brown bob curling underneath her chin. "Who are you guys?"

"We saw you alone, so we'll be your friends from now on!" the pink girl said. "I'm Mina, and these two are Aoyama and Uraraka!"

"I'm Y/N."

"It's such a shame we can't see your quirk, since you don't have your suit," Aoyama said, waving a hand in a flashy manner. It made you laugh

"I bet you have a pretty quirk!" Uraraka praised.

"My quirk..." you tried to start, wondering if you should even go on to explain it. "Is interesting," you offered instead, and a light laugh—it was a secret better worth keeping until they could all see it, right..?

"I believe it!" Mina nodded. "But we'll all hang out now, how about that? I can even introduce you to my other friends. You'll enjoy it," Mina smiled, and you gave a meek nod—you were feeling happy about it now.

"I'm.. I'm glad!" you say, and you bow. "Thank you!"

The three stared in silence, beside they laughed a little! Reaching in, Mina lifted your shoulders to meet your face, a sweet grin on her own face.

"You don't have to be so shy, Y/N. We'll break you out of your shell, don't worry about it!" she said, and you nodded.

You smiled. "Yeah!" you said; you couldn't wait!

~

ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ!