c h a p t e r 1

7 0

   Y E A R S

    L A T E R

C A S S I A N

"HELIOS, TIME TO GO!" I YELLED from the room downstairs as I strapped my leather fingerless gloves on my hands.

I  placed my weapons in the closets areas for me to reach. I put my sword in its sheath and glanced at the clock.

6:30pm

We still have about an hour or two to get to the Court of Nightmares for the show. A famous fae and her group has travelled all over Prythian and performed in all of its Courts.

Now it was the Night Courts time to experience this show.

7:00pm

The clock read and I took in a sharp breath. I opened my mouth to shout again, so this boy can get ready to leave but before I could, he was already there in his clothing and hair nicely styled.

"You look nice" I smirked, exactly knowing the reason. "You too, old man" Helios smirked back, knowing that he hit a nerve.

I gasped and put a hand on my chest dramatically, "I'm only 634 years old" I stated. "Exactly, you're old" He blatantly replied and walked past me, leaving my jaw hanging at his insult.

I quickly brushed off his insult and left for the Court of Nightmares.

●♧◇{□□□●□□□}◇♧●

THE LIGHT SOUND OF the piano playing created a calm atmosphere in the room. Illyrians and Valkeryies were lined up in all places of the palace.

I stood in the corner near the throne of the palace and watched the movement of everyone.

Helios was with Orion and Athena, engaging in conversation and laughing.

"Glad to see you, Cass" I looked down to my side to see Nesta. She looked up to me, meeting my eyes and smiled softly. I took a minute to see the outfit she had on.

She wore dark blue coloured dress that complimented her figure and curves. A sapphire tear drop crown was placed on her head, matching well with her loose hair style.

"General Archeron" I teased greetingly and let out a laugh when she smacked me on the chest. "Stop teasing" She demanded, causing me to grin widely at her displeasure. "Never Nes, never" I kissed her head, a smile still curving on my lips.

I put my arm around her waist as we both talked about work and flirted shamelessly in between.

"Cassian!!" I heard a loud shriek coming from the other side of the ballroom. I saw a flash of red making its way towards me.

Morrigan?

"Cass, its time to get in our places" She said hastily as if she was out of breath. "Oh hi Nesta" She grinned at my mate and pulled her in for a hug. Nesta chuckled and hugged her back.