~Chapter 8~

Is something beginning to slightly simmer between Salvatore & Adriana? =O

Another one of Adriana's dresses in the media section. #leadinglady #justwriteit

"When exactly do we get paid for this job?" Blake, one of the guys involved in the card game holdup asked his friend a little frustrated. "I mean we did all the work and still nothing, we could've just kept most of it". His friend Joe shook his head in disbelief before responding. "I told you it would take a while, it won't be long just be patient alright?" He was frustrated with his questions. It was bad enough struggling with the fear and guilt of the crime they had committed against one of the most notorious families in New York. "You know if we took any of that money they would have found out and we'd be instantly killed so don't be ridiculous. We need to keep a level head. Remember this isn't just about the pay day, if we prove ourselves eventually we might become more".

The thought of 'more' excited Joe. All he ever wanted was more. He dreamed of joining a crew and having people working under him on the streets. That dream was still far away though and realistically he knew it. The card game was their first job and you do not get into a crew after just one measly first job.

Once Claudia dragged herself out of bed and made her way to the kitchen she felt the instant stab of regret for leaving her bed. She was exhausted and hung over but the sound of coffee grinding coming from her kitchen made her crave a cup instantly. "Is there any way you can make me a coffee without the grinder going off?" Claudia asked stopping at the couch and wrapping herself up in the corner of it. Clearly she knew there was no way coffee was coming out of their automatic coffee machine without grinding the beans prior.

Adriana handed her an espresso and sat with her opening her mouth and letting a huge yawn escape. "Let's have a cappuccino a bit later today, I think if I have milk right now I'll vomit" she informed her shooting down the coffee like it was one of the many shots from last night.

"Don't think I forgot our conversation from last night either" Claudia began with a twinkle of excitement in her eye. Oh she remembered everything and was determined to torture Adriana with all the information she had willingly exposed. Adriana shook her head and mumbled something incoherent under her breath before Claudia cut her off. "You're actually considering pursuing an older guy?"

"I'm not pursuing anyone Claudia, geez I don't even have his number I can't exactly call him up and meet him somewhere. Last night was a coincidence, we were just at the same place at the same time, nothing more"

"But you said he was hot? Hotter than Christopher?" Adriana felt like face palming as she let out an exasperated sigh, her friend was hard work! "What would I know Claudia, I was clearly drunk last night. Ok I'll admit Salvatore is attractive, I'll give him that. Don't ask me in what way though, I really can't figure it out. My hormones are probably just stupidly excited after he bailed me out of jail ok? I mean what girl wouldn't fantasise about a strong Italian stallion whisking her away from a dangerous situation and taking adv-" she stopped immediately. "What in the actual fũck Adriana?! There are fantasies now. Holy hell I don't even know what to say".

"What we should actually be talking about is you and Damien" Adriana suggested turning the tables, she had had enough of this pointless conversation. "Booty call or relationship material?"

"Ugh I have no idea! I'm ready for a relationship Ade, but with Damien, I don't know" she thought firmly how she wanted to say her next few words, she did not want to sound harsh but she could not think of a better way to say it. "He has no personality"

"Ok wow, don't hold back now" Adriana laughed lightening the mood a little. "I know it's terrible" Claudia continued, "but honestly we've been out on a few dates now and I'm trying really really hard to connect with him but he has no hobbies or interests. For Christ sakes I asked him what his favourite sport was and he told me he's not into sports... Like what guy says that?" By now Adriana was almost literally rolling on the couch laughing, Claudia was suddenly going off on a tangent about men and sports and contemplating if he was gay.