21 - Amendments

* 2 week time skip

3rd person pov:

"The chicken is nice"

The brunette commented, chewing down on the meat. The sweetness of the sauce paried well with the cold soba Noddles. The different array of steamed vegetables on the side made the dish look pleasant with its rainbow - like colours. The tender chicken thigh melted in the ravenette's mouth, a burst of flavours coated his tongue as he ate the meal.

"Aoi is a great cook"

"Great is an understatement, she's amazing"

"I'm sure she will be happy to hear that" shinobu smiled, "its good to see you eating lunch now"

"Yeah, sanemi helped me a lot"

"Do you still have the urge to..?"

"Sometimes yeah, but it's not very strong. As long as the meals I'm eating are healthy in a way I'm fine with eating it" giyuu replied, stuffing his face with the tender meat.

"Do you want to increase the portion size?"

Giyuu set down his chopsticks and thought for a moment. Worry and doubt clouded his mind as he considered the option.

"I'm not sure, I want to try but I don't know how I will react"

"We can try increasing a little bit, how about more vegetables and meat?"

"Sure I don't mind"

"Alright that's good"

"By the way, where's sanemi? He hasn't arrived yet"

"He's on a mission"

"Oh okay, how long is the mission?"

"About three days? It might extend to five days"

"That long?"

"Yeah, apparently the number of demons in takayama had increased tremendously in the last two weeks. Some of the demon slayers sent there have major injuries so the master sent shinazugawa there to check it out"

"Oh okay"

"Oh and, himejima wishes to visit you"

"Sure I don't mind, did he say when he will come?"

"He asks if today 4pm is possible"

"Yeah, I'm fine with it"

"Alright, I'll inform him via crow later"

"Why not send it now?"

"Because I have to give you your medication" shinobu replied, smiling menacingly. She held a cup with the familiar black slush and the brunette cringed as he remembered the taste of the bitter traditional medicine.

...

Giyuu's pov:

There was a knock on the door and I sat down my book.

"Come in"

The door creaked open and himejima appeared, his tall figure barely able to fit through the door frame.

"Good evening himejima"

"Good evening tomioka, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine these few days"

"That's good to hear, I heard shinazugawa has been helping you with your recovery"

"Yeah, he is. He comes by everyday to help me get used to eating"

"I see that's good"

"You can take a seat, would you like something to drink?"

"No, its fine" himejima replied as he sat on the couch. He looked funny sitting in the couch, his huge statue made the couch look small.

"I can sense you're much happier" he said while smiling.

"Yeah, my situation is better than before"

Our conversation ended there and the room was filled with awkward silence. I didn't know what to say, I fidgeted with the loose strings of my yukata.

"I want to apologize to you" himejima spoke, breaking the awkward silence.

"Pardon?"

"I wanted to say sorry for being bad to you in the past, I stayed on the sidelines and chose to ignore your suffering. I was judgemental and thought you were arrogant, I thought you were a bad person so you deserved to be bullied. I was wrong. I didn't know you were in pain, I could sense some sadness coming from you but I chose to ignore it and it led to you almost dying. I apologize for that"

"Its okay himejima, I'm better now, that was all in the past" I said, smiling softly at my colleague. He nodded and smiled back.

"I heard you are eating two meals now"

"Yeah, shinobu's increasing my meals"

"That's good"

"Yeah, sanemi helps me a lot"

"It seems you two are close"

"Ah haha, yea, we are" I laughed nervously.

"I heard from kanroji"

"Pardon?"

"You two are lovers right?"

"Ah- um, yeah"

"Good for you two, congratulations"

"Thank you"

"I'll be going now, I have a mission to attend"

"Oh I apologize if I disturbed you"

"No its fine, I was planning on dropping by to see you first before heading to my mission"

"Ah okay, bye himejima"

"See you tomioka, I wish you a speedy recovery" himejima smiled, he waved at me before exiting the room. I waved back and returned to my book.

...

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short ass chapter 😭