5

Horror Pov

I was sitting in my new room at the castle as I read over my copy of the contract. It was, I wasn't sure how I felt about it, knowing it was a magic binding contract. It was nearly impossible to safely get out of a magical binding contract, it's why their so rarely used. Nightmare has a way with words I'll give him that. The contract is written so that it seemed like I would have alot of freedom but it was actually very, controlling I believe is the word I'm looking for.

At a first glance it looks like I have alot of wiggle room, but the way it's worded means Nightmare literally has a say in anything I wanna do that involves people. He can't dictate who I'm friends with or anything like that, but he could ban me from communicating with people or ban me from entering certain AU's. I mean it's not like I planned on making any friends but still, that part just rubbed me the wrong way.

I then glanced to the bracelet that Boss handed me with the contract. It was a replica of the ones the others wore, and according to Nightmare, functions the exact same way. I picked up the bracelet after placing the contract in the bedside table. Looking at it up close, it was simple but also gave off an aura of elegance. It was a black metal bracelet that was enchanted to be able to size bigger or smaller depending on the person it's for. The crescent moon was a teal color, the color of Boss's eye-light actually. There was also small stars that run along the entirety of the bracelets, I guess I didn't notice them or something earlier. The stars themselves were a soft purple, a reference to who Boss used to be? Or to the body they were possessing? I didn't know and it was bugging me.

That's when I noticed there was an engraving on the inside that read "This bracelet and the being attached to it belongs to Nightmare Sans. If found return both the bracelet and the being immediately." The engraving was small enough so it would fit on the bracelet. So it was to show ownership then? Well, partly? That can't be the only reason right?

I sighed but placed on the bracelet, it immediately resized so it fit and wouldn't fall off which got me thinking. What would happen if I summoned my ecto with it on? If I made my ecto particularly large before suddenly de-summoning it? Would the bracelet fall off or would it be able to resize immediately? Would the bracelet brake if it was forced to grow to big? I was curious, but I wasn't gonna try and test it out. Especially since I only arrived at the castle yesterday.

Now what the bracelet in question was for exactly? It had to be more then an ownership claim right? Well it apparently had multiple uses, the biggest one was so that others who work for or with Nightmare would realize it without them having to say it outloud. It would also show which AU was under Boss's protection/command as well. Though apparently there are more then 1 bracelet, the ones at the castle getting the more 'advance' ones while people who stay in at their AU's have simpler ones. Apparently Boss also made one for prisoners because of an incident in the past... Yeah it can get confusing but basically if someone has a bracelet then their working for Nightmare.

After I was done examining the bracelet I started to look around the room, my new room. It was simple and only had the bare necessities, which wasn't surprising. I doubt Boss would furnish rooms to much with how big the castle no doubt it. I also never really like material items so I didn't have alot to pack when it was time to leave as I had everything on me. Besides the contract in the bedside table you wouldn't know anyone was staying in this room.

Considering it's my first day I probably shouldn't expect it to stay the same but even my room back in my AU was plain. You wouldn't know anyone was living there if you didn't look through it thoroughly. It's kinda sad if I'm honest, but it's been my life since forever so it doesn't really bother me, not anymore anyways.

With a sigh I got up and headed over to my room's door and opened it, coming face to face with Cross who was about to knock. He 'blinked' and brought down his hand, "Your up, Good. I'm here to give you a tour and introduce you to the other two" with that he started to immediately walk away. After closing my door I followed him as he gave me the tour of the castle, showing me where everything was and telling me the places I wasn't allowed in.

Besides Cross showing me around it was silent, almost awkward. I didn't mind but if that's how it was with everyone all the time then I know it's gonna eventually get on my nerves.... I don't wanna snap like I did at Papyrus so I hope that isn't the case. Especially since I'm gonna have to work with these people for, more then likely, the rest of my life.

It took maybe a couple hours before the whole tour was finally finished. Cross then left, something about reporting to Boss about the tour being done, I wasn't paying to much attention since I headed to the kitchen to see what they had in stalk. Looking at the food they had... It was pitiful, but I could work with it. I worked with less after all.

Grabbing all the ingredients I started to cook what I could, I was told that nobody here could cook any safe food to save their lives, so I decided that I would be the team cook. Proper food is important after all, it not only heals people if made with the right intent but it also helps with magic regeneration which is important, especially for our line if 'work'.... As I cooked I couldn't help but remember when I taught Papyrus to cook... I wished I was a better brother....