Chapter 3 - The Force Awakens

"Finn, be careful with those. They're explosives." Han says as Aurora joins them near the Falcon. She stares up at the ship, finally having something to compare to the stories her dad told her.

"Now you tell me?" Finn replies. Aurora chuckles, turning and joining him to prepare the charges. 

"Aurora?" Leia calls once they've finishes and she's said her goodbye to Han. Aurora moves to stand in front of her.

"How can I help, Leia?" She asks. Leia smiles and rests her hand on the side of Aurora's face.

"You look so much like your father." She says.

"Unfortunate, isn't it?" Aurora jokes. Leia chuckles, pulling her hand away to grab Aurora's.

"Jokes aside, I assume Lando told you about Ben?" She asks. Aurora frowns, shaking her head.

"He didn't. He told me stories of your adventures, but it always made him sad, so I tried not to ask about you if he didn't bring it up. Chewie explained everything though. I'm sorry, Leia." She explains. Leia shakes her head.

"I'd like to ask you for a favor, but don't feel obligated to if you don't want to." Leia says. Aurora nods, squeezing her hand. "If you see Ben, try to bring him home. I know you have no reason to, but-"

"Of course, I'll help, Leia. I know you'd do the same if it were Kadara." She interrupts. Leia smiles, pulling Aurora into a hug.

"Thank you." She says.

"It's really no trouble." She replies. Chewie growls from the ramp, letting Aurora know that they need to be leaving soon. "I'll see you in a little bit." She tells Leia. She nods and backs away, watching as Aurora follows Chewie up the ramp.

***

"How are we getting in?" Finn asks as Han and Chewie fly the Falcon.

"Their shields have a fractional refresh rate. Keeps anything traveling slower than lightspeed from getting through." Han explains.

"Please tell me that you're not crazy enough to actually approach on lightspeed." Aurora says. Chewie growls, assuring her that they're not crazy. She groans, wishing she had taken her father seriously when he told her that Han was an insane pilot. She and Finn sit in their chairs, buckling in.

"Chewie, get ready. And...Now!" He orders. They exit lightspeed, flying straight towards a mountain. Chewie growls at Han. "I am pulling up!" He replies. They fly over the top and begin crashing through the trees, making the ship jostle around. Chewie growls again. "I get any higher they'll see us!" He yells. They exit the trees and crash along the ground, coming to a stop at the edge of a cliff.

"Dad said you were crazy, but I thought he was just jealous that you ended up with the Falcon. I think I owe him an apology." Aurora mutters. Han scoffs and swivels his chair around to face her.

"I am not crazy." He barks, leaving the cockpit. She glances at Finn and he shrugs before they follow Han and Chewie.

***

"The flooding tunnel is over that ridge. We'll get in that way." Finn explains as they peek around the building. Chewie and Aurora keep watch for any patrols, their blasters at the ready.

"What was your job when you were based here?" Han asks.

"Sanitation." He replies. Han grabs him and pins him to the wall as Aurora leaves her post and glares at him.

"Are you kidding?" She asks. He shakes his head, eyes wide at the anger on her face.

"Then how do you know how to disable the shields?" Han asks.

"I don't. I'm just here to get Rey." Finn answers. 

"Perfect. We know where we're going, but not what to do when we get there." She says, rolling her eyes.

"People are counting on us. The galaxy is counting on us." Han tells him.

"Solo, we'll figure it out. We'll use the Force." He replies.

"That's not how the Force works." He says. Chewie growls and he turns to look at him. "Oh, really? You're cold?" He asks. Aurora looks at Finn.

"And to think I encouraged Poe to ask you out." She scoffs, glaring.

"Wait, you told Poe to ask me out?" He asks, smiling.

"I'm kinda regretting it now!" She replies. She sighs. "Actually, I don't. I'm just mad you lied."

"Look, I'm sorry I lied, but it was the only way I could think of to get to Rey." He explains. Aurora sighs again, resting her hand on his shoulder.

"I understand wanting to save your friend. I'd do anything to get my sister back but lying isn't the way to go. Now, let's go get your friend back." She says, leading the way towards the tunnel.

***

Hey!" The stormtrooper says when the door opens. Chewie fires his crossbow, hitting the trooper and sending him flying.

"The longer we're here the less luck we're gonna have." Han says as they enter the building.

"Okay, then where are the shields?" Aurora asks, looking around.

"I have an idea about that." Finn says. He explains on the way, and the rest of them wait while Chewie grabs Captain Phasma. "You remember me?" He asks.

"FN-2187." Phasma replies.

"Not anymore. The name's Finn and I'm in charge. I'm in charge now, Phasma. I'm in charge." He says.

"Bring it down. Bring it down." Han tells him, patting his shoulder. 

"Follow me." Finn orders. They bring her to the control panel and tell her to lower the shields. "You want me to blast that bucket off your head? Lower the shields." He orders, as they point their blasters at her.

"You're making a big mistake." She replies. Finn moves his blaster to point at her helmet.

"Do it." He says. Chewie growls and she starts pressing buttons. "Solo, if this works, we're not gonna have a lot of time to find Rey."

"Don't worry, kid. We won't leave here without her." Han assures.

"You can't be so stupid as to think this will be easy. My troops will storm this block and kill you all." Phasma says after she lowers the shields and stands. Finn moves and points his blaster under her helmet.

"I disagree. What do we do with her?" He asks.

"Is there a garbage chute? Trash compactor?" Han asks. Finn smiles.

"Yeah, there is." He replies. 

"I'm gonna guess by your smile that there's a backstory to the trash compactor suggestion?" Aurora asks. Han chuckles.

"Prepare yourself for a wonderful story." He tells her.

"That smirk can't be good." She whispers to Finn. He shrugs.

"Probably, but it can't hurt to listen. Maybe it'll make him less grumpy." He replies.