Chapter 18 - The Rise of Skywalker

Finn shouts Rey's name as he runs ahead, watching her fight with Ben. Jannah and Aurora follow behind at a slower pace. Jannah wraps her arm around Aurora, helping keep her balance on the slick ground. 

"No!" Rey screams, turning and using the Force to push him back. He lands on the ground and Jannah and Aurora rush to help him up. They watch as Rey and Ben disappear past a large wave, having used the Force to jump across the gap.

"No, we can't follow them!" Jannah says, grabbing Finn and Aurora's arms as they go to follow.

"We can't leave them!" Aurora protests.

"We can't! It's too dangerous!" She tells her. 

The trio watch the glows from the lightsabers as they move farther away, waves crashing and obscuring their view. The water eventually begins to calm, and they spot Rey running towards Ben's ship.

They turn and spot the Falcon approaching their spot, slowing as it nears them. Aurora stays where she is, knowing she needs to stay for Ben. 

"You coming?" Finn asks her. She shakes her head and takes a step back, watching as Jannah walks up the ramp.

"I'm staying." She answers. 

"You're sure?" He asks. She nods and smiles, patting his arm.

"We'll see you soon." She tells him. He nods and follows Jannah inside, the Falcon flying away soon after. She watches them go until they disappear from view.

Aurora turns in time to spot Ben throwing his lightsaber into the water before looking over at her. He rushes to her, pulling her into his arms when he reaches her. He buries his face in her neck, and she senses that something is wrong. 

"Ben?" She asks, running her fingers through his hair.

"She's gone." He answers. She gasps, cradling his head as he holds her tighter.

"I'm so sorry." She tells him, knowing no words can truly comfort him in the moment. She holds him until he eventually pulls away. He rests his forehead to hers and closes his eyes.

"I missed you." Ben says.

"I didn't want to leave you. It wasn't my-" She starts to say. He shakes his head and pulls away to cup her cheek in his hand.

"I know. I understand. I'm just happy to be together again." He tells her, brushing his thumb over her cheek.

"Me too." She replies, reaching her hand up to brush the hair out of her face. He notices her arm in the sling and carefully examines the wound.

"Who did this to you? This was not a stormtrooper. Who was it?" He asks, glaring at the wound. She sighs, knowing she's not getting out of the question.

"It was Hux." Aurora answers. 

"The bastard's lucky he's already dead. If I could-" He growls. She chuckles and brushes the hair out of his face.

"It doesn't matter anymore, it's in the past." She tells him. He pulls back, his eyes searching her face before looking at her shoulder.

"Do you trust me?" Ben asks.

"Of course, I do. I trust you with my life." She replies.

He nods and gently removes her arm from the sling, gently holding her elbow to keep it from moving. He hovers his other hand over the wound, his eyes closing as he concentrates on the Force. Aurora gasps as she watches the wound heal itself completely.

"You can do this too?" She asks. He nods absently as he moves her arm around, ensuring that the injury truly is healed. She sighs contentedly as she watches him, wishing her friends knew this side of him instead of the one Palpatine made.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Ben asks. She smiles and cups his face in her hands, stroking his cheek with her thumb.

"I love you, Ben Solo." She tells him. He smiles and kisses her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close.

"I know." He says. She rolls her eyes, having heard the story of his father having replied to his mother like that when she declared her love for him. He laughs at her reaction, making her smile. "I love you, Aurora Calrissian." He says, leaning down to kiss her again.

They hold each other for a long while, savoring being together again. Ben eventually pulls back to look at her and sighs.

"We should probably go save Rey and the rest of your friends." He says.

"I think you're right." Aurora replies, looking around for a ship they can use.

Sorry this is shorter than normal, but I got a ps5 for my birthday and I can't stop playing Jedi Survivor lol