prologue

PROLOGUE

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

SCARY BEDTIME stories about the boogeyman and made up rituals about summoning the devil are a preteen's rite of passage during their first big slumber party or any school camp that might include scaring their friends

Elyza Merlo never got to experience the simplicity of being a non believer, perhaps, there was a secret moment of jealousy. Jealousy that she couldn't be ignorant to the ugly things that lurked the world, the creatures that hid themselves away in the shadows.

Or maybe it was anger that people were allowed to be raised normally, they were allowed to be ignorant about the troubles that some face without people like her to defend them.

And to put it quite frankly, Elyza enjoys the thrill of the hunt, she enjoys saving lives and the relief that momentarily washes her away from the many woes that come with her life style.

A lot of baggage comes with the job, some find it harder to adjust. The difficulty of managing guilt, shame... anger. Letting emotions cloud judgement and unable to be a quick thinker can be the end of a life - the level of experience wasn't a factor that explosions of emotion consider.

Some turn to god, prayers and fate. Elyza thought they were idiots, death is always lingering right around the corner and leaving it in the hand of something as inconsistent as fate was the end of a fools life and she wasn't going to be one of the hunters whom would wander into an early grave.

Elyza wouldn't let something as fickle as fate bring her down.

It didn't matter how unstoppable fate thought it was, Elyza was going to prove herself to be... inevitable.

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

( AUTHORS NOTE )

and thus it begins, the beginning of Elyza Merlo's story.  however long or short her story happens to be, discovering her character will always be the most important part.

once again, bottledcosmos gave me the plot graciously and I would love if you could please check their work out!