Backwards

" I want my hands on you"

" no"

" why"

" Bitch because I said so"

" Is it because you know your a sucker when it comes to romance?"

" n-no!"

" you stammered"

" sh-shut the fuck up already!" I barked and helped myself to Airis bed. She crawled on top of me and layed her head on my chest.

" I love you so much" she murmured.

" I know. I love you to.... but.... in reality.... I'm not ready" I said, refusing to meet her in the eye.

" ready for what?" She asked, here eyes big and innocent.

" for what you want" her eyes turned ever bigger with realization.

" oh... okay" she said and smiled.

"..." tears were suddenly streaming down my face for no reason. As Airis frantic words reached my ears, I chocked on a sob.

" Tori-chan! Tori-chan! What's the matter with you? What happened? Did I hurt you?" Airi continued to worry over me. Without saying a word, I clutched her body, one hand on her head and the other on her back. She got the idea and shut up to let me cry in peace. Finally I spoke the four small words that I'm terrified of her agreeing to.

" I don't deserve you" I said, my voice shaky and breathy.

" of coarse you do, my love" Airi said. My body shook and once the tears came, they refused to stop. Airi rubbed my head and whispered sweet things like " I love you more than anyone" and " I'll never leave you" in my ear. Only because of that did I stop crying. Airi was the only person that I was open with. The only person I allowed myself to cry in front of. The only person. Who knew more about me than I knew about myself. The only person I gave a damn about in this cruel world. And if I lost her.... if me and her ever began to drift apart.... if she we're leave me one day and not turn back.... I wouldn't know what I would do. I'm not sure I could ever live without her.

I loved her more than anything.