08

"THE BANSHEE HAS STRUCK AGAIN, KILLING A MAN IN THE BAR KNOWN AS 'TEMPTATIONS'"

Liam stared blankly at the screen shoved in front of his face, courtesy of Kate, who'd brought up the subject matter a few minutes ago, and was surprised when her fluffy-haired friend had absolutely no idea what she was talking about; clearly not up to date with the latest bit of news that was being pumped out to the masses.

"When...when did this happen?" He stuttered out, a mixture of surprise and horror strewn across his face as she scrolled through the crime-scene photos, which he was surprised that they would just openly put out given how incredibly graphic and disturbing they were, almost in disbelief by what he was seeing.

The other murders were just as graphic, leaving Liam in a state of confusion as to why this photo bothered him so much. Maybe it was because he hadn't seen anything this graphic in quite a while, or because it was the day after he and Layla had told each other that the Banshee wouldn't get away with this anymore, that he and her would put a stop to his killings.

He wasn't entirely sure which one it was.

"Just last night, I think? It's totally bonkers though, right Lemmy? I mean- this is like a few miles away from my apartment!" exclaimed Kate in a dramatic fashion. She wasn't entirely wrong, the Temptations bar wasn't too far away from where she and her father lived together in a two-bedroom apartment, in supposedly a 'not high-crime area' guess that wasn't true anymore.

"...Yeah, that's crazy. Did the police say anything about finding any clues, or?"

Kate raised her brow, leaning forward just a few inches away from Liam's reddening face, asking curiously "You wouldn't happen to be the Banshee, would you, Lemmy? Sounding awfully suspicious and concerned about them finding stuff..."

Liam stammered to find the words to refute her ridiculous claim, only to be saved by Kate suddenly bursting out laughing, nearly falling out of her chair as she swung her legs and arms around, nearly hitting Liam in the process who ducked around her legs, tears beginning to swell in her eyes from how hard she'd been laughing.

"Just messin' with you! Oh man, you should've seen your face, Lemmy!" Kate laughed aloud.

With a blank stare, Liam shook his head with a soft sigh. "Yeah yeah, whatever you say. But seriously, is there anything that they found out?" In all honesty, he didn't believe that the police were going to do anything. Not after he heard about how corrupt the police were, allowing the Midknight Riders to go by with little problems, so he doubted they'd care in this case either.

"Nah, they haven't found anything, said they searched the entire thing like, hundreds of times and there was nothing there. Cleanest crime scene they'd ever seen." Kate replied.

There wasn't much time for him to say anything, as the teacher stepped into the room announcing his presence with a war cry, adding to the man's already large reputation of being the weirdest teacher in the school— if not the country, but that was probably an exaggeration. The ones who sleep with students are probably just a little bit weirder.

Liam wanted to leave the room and get to what he considered to be actually important, such as solving the crimes of the man terrorizing the citizens of New York with a consistent murder spree, but he knew that wouldn't result in anything good for him, considering his already incredibly long streak of skipping school, and honestly, he was surprised that he hadn't been expelled from school yet, which he figured was a result of his parents stopping the principal who he was aware didn't particularly like him anyway.

He sat through the boring class, practically falling asleep, though he wouldn't dare— as he actually wanted to somewhat pass the class, even if it was completely useless for him to learn. Because seriously who cares about Math? At least the other useless classes have hot teachers, which encourage you to pay attention, for example being Ms. Coral the Sex-Ed teacher is an absolute bombshell, which prompts sexual jokes from the degenerates, but above all captures everyone's attention.