-Chapter 13: The Crown and The Shell-

Evie Pov

She releases me, going back to Uma's side. I feel people behind me as my heart thumps loudly in my ear. "We're with you, Evie." Mal says, rubbing my arm. "Let's get out of here." Jay says, frowning. None of them want to leave our leader behind...but if our leader betrays all of us this badly? Maybe she isn't our leader anymore. The pair begin dancing on the dance floor, twirling and waltzing like I had imagined I would be doing with her.

We make our way up the stairs as fast as we can. I don't want to be here. I can't bear to see the love of my life, on the dance floor with someone who we all hate. Or hated I guess in her case. I hear Jane gasp, running to Lumiere. But I can't hear what she says until Lumiere speaks.

"And now! For the unveiling of the gifts!" He shouts, pulling something as two, covered things get revealed. I turn to look at them, admiring them with my eyes. One of them is a glass window design of Mal and Ben. Mal wears purple with green eyes, showing her Isle self even in Auradon. Showing that Ben knew Mal wasn't all Auradon now, acknowledging her Isle self. The other is on a pedestal. As I stare at it, my eyes fill with tears as I stare at the familiar object. It was a crown. The crown.

It was the crown which Y/N had gotten for me before she wanted to leave. The crown which signalled her love for me, our connection. It was ours. "Mal..." I say, holding her hand. "It's the crown." I mutter. "It was for you." Mal recalls, smiling. "She knew you'd be queen with her." Mal adds, looking at me as I cover my mouth. Emotions threaten to overflow as I walk back down the stairs to Y/N and Uma who are both staring at the crown. She loved me. She knows that naming me her queen would basically mean getting engaged to being engaged. Yet she still put that there.

"Cover that back up!" Uma shouts, stomping to the stairs as Lumiere gasps. "I will not!" He shouts back. Uma turns, frantically looking around before her eyes land back on Y/N who has her eyes still fixed on the crown. "Uh, Y/N, why don't you tell everyone the gift you have for me?" She asks, faking sweetness. I growl at her. She dares take Y/N from me?

Y/N looks at Uma, catching my eye behind the girl. I look at her, hoping she'll think properly. Why was she still with Uma if she put that crown there?

Y/N stares at me for a while, as if she was fighting internally before Uma places her hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Come on, Y/N. My love?" She asks. Y/N blinks, looking at the girl before speaking. "I have an announcement!" She shouts. I see Jane and Lonnie look at each other, as if realising this was the announcement she had mentioned.

"Uma...will be joining the court tonight as my lady. My p-partner.." She says, somewhat struggling to get the word out. She walks to the pedestal and picks up the crown with shaking hands, walking back to Uma's side and very slowly, places it onto the sea witch's head. "Y/N..." Mal tries, attempting to get through to her sister. But instead, Y/N snaps at her, glaring at her sister. "Not now, Mal!" She shouts.
The Y/N we know wouldn't shout at Mal like that....

"The...Uh, so as my gift to her, uh, I'm going to ask to bring down the barrier once and for all!" She says, grinning widely as Everyone gasps, shocked as I am too. I thought our plan was to bring 4 VKs over each year... "Fairy Godmother." She says, looking at the fairy who gasps. "Bring down the barrier." Y/N adds. "I will not!" The fairy says, shocked. Y/N scrunches up her face, something I'd have thought cute if it wasn't now, before turning to the King. "Ben! As your partner in this deal, we MUST bring down the barrier! I am their queen!" She says, anger on her face.

Y/N doesn't get angry at us...especially not at this. What is she doing? Where is this coming from? This isn't Y/N....this is Uma. Uma's influence on Y/N. She would never go against our plan like this. She would never shout at Ben. This isn't her. This isn't my Y/N.