-Chapter 14: You and Me-

Once silent, I swoop down, picking up Ben with a claw and dropping him onto deck to save him the effort of climbing up one of those rope ladders. I calm myself down, letting images of happiness fill my mind as I land on the top deck of the boat, letting light blue smoke envelope me. When I open my eyes, I see myself at the same height as most people on the ship beside me and look down to see human legs and arms. Thank god.

I look up to see people smiling at me as I awkwardly wave before feeling slight heat on my dress. I look down and see a few bits on fire and quickly pat it out. "Ah, shit." I mutter as I do before looking up again awkwardly. Instead of laughing, people cheer as Ben steps forward to the bottom of the stairs as I make my way down.

I bow to him, letting him know that I'm back to myself as I feel Mal beside me. "Ha. So..." I start, rubbing the back of my neck as Mal takes my arm. "I did not know I could do that." I say as Mal laughs. "That makes two of us." Mal says, grinning. "But please...someday you have to teach me." She adds, winking as we laugh together. Ben puts his hand out, waiting for me to take it. "Shall we?" He asks. I put my hand in his, grinning. "We shall." I say. Ben and Mal walk with me back to the middle of the main deck where our friends are. Where Evie is.

They let go, letting me reach the blue haired princess alone as the girl smiles at me. "Hi." She says with a small voice. I take her hand, leaning down to kiss it just as she smirks and kicks water into my face instead. I gasp, never reaching her hand but instead, pulling her to me as I hug her with my now water soaked body. "No!" She shouts, wriggling out of my grasp as I laugh. She ends up escaping and standing in front of me as we smile. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see Carlos standing there with the crown. Evie's crown.

I take it in my hands, turning back to the girl who smiles wider when she sees it. "Okay so. The announcement I had made earlier was...incorrect." I say, chuckling along with the crowd. "It was under the influence of Uma's love spell." I add. "However....the topic of the announcement is not all wrong." I add. I look Evie directly in the eye, loving the red-brown colour that shines when she looks back at me. "I do, in fact, want to announce my partner. My lover. Let the world know who has stolen my heart." I say.

I hear someone shuffle near me and look to see Chad. "Not you, Chad." I say before he can say anything. I see Evie laugh as Chad scowls. "Then who, huh?" He asks, bitterly. I step forward towards Evie as she blushes at the attention. "For a large chunk of my life, I have had you by my side. You have supported me at my highest and lowest. You didn't even get angry when you found out that....I had planned to run away." I add, hearing a few gasps of surprise. "Yes, I wanted to run away from Auradon. I'm not used to the spotlight and pressure and....wanted to give up." I add before smiling at the girl.

"But you made me stop. You made me rethink the choice and now...I'm here to stay. I promise." I say, reaching the girl. "And in that, I also want to show the world how much you mean to me." I add, lifting the crown slightly so everyone can see.

"I got this crown for you. To show the world that we're together. My colours on you just as your outfits on me. We are one, Evie Grimhilde." I say, seeing tears well in her eyes. "So to the world, I wanted to announce that this girl, Evie Grimhilde, is to be named my Lady of the Court. My partner. My soon-to-be-Queen." I say, grinning as Evie lowers her head slightly, allowing me to place the crown on her head. At that, the crowd cheers. Lonnie and Jane among them as they finally get to find out who I'm with. Ben nods as if his suspicions were confirmed as I pull Evie towards me and kiss her on the lips.

It's as if the world around us fades away, leaving the two of us standing alone in the middle of the ship, hand in hand, arms wrapped around each other as we enjoy each other's presence. Uma tried to tear us apart, but we came back stronger. Powerful.