Chapter 10: Keefe

OMG I HAVE 1K VIEWS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! TYASM!!!! *squeals for about a couple millenia* ok, done squealing. remember what i said back in chapter 3? I ACTUALLY GOT THERE!!!!!!! ILYGSM!!!!!!!!!!!

– *ೃ༄ 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓃𝓎𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒹𝑜𝓁𝓅𝒽𝒾𝓃˚◞♡ ⃗

The second we appeared at Havenfield, Grady and Sandor rushed out and dragged Sophie and I inside. Edaline apologetically smiled when she saw me. I internally sighed. I get tired of seeing apologetic smiles. They used to happen every time someone mentioned my "legacy." At least it's over now.

Sophie gave my hand one last squeeze before Grady and Sandor dragged me away. They took me up to Grady's office, which looked . . . neat. Different from when I last saw it.

Grady pulled up a chair, pointed to it, and ordered, "Sit." I instantly obeyed, not wanting to disappoint him any further. He pulled up a chair of his own at sat down. Sandor paced behind him.

"So." Grady finally said after a long endless silence. "You're dating my daughter."

"Yeah . . ." I trailed off, unsure of what Grady would say.

"Since when?"

"Uhhh . . . yesterday?"

Grady nodded, mostly to himself. "I see."

I was getting more and more uncomfortable as the silence continued. After a looooong time, Grady finally spoke up. "How?"

I looked up uneasily. How would I explain what happened yesterday to Grady, who never really approved of me? I stayed quiet, hoping Grady would at least take pity on me since I was feeling so uncomfortable, but when I met his eyes, I saw a demanding look which was very persuasive. Reluctantly, I spilled out the whole story, starting with her coming over and ending with her leaping away. I left out the detail about what she called me, since I deserved to keep a few private moments. At the end, Grady's eyebrows were raised so high up it almost disappeared into his blond hair.

Finally, Grady let down his eyebrows. He sighed, then said, "I'm fine with you dating her, but please keep her safe. Keep her happy. If you don't," an almost–murderous glare sparked to life in his eyes, "I will keep you apart."

"And I'll help," Sandor added

I swallowed. "Yes, sir."

Grady nodded again, then got up and walked to the door. He held it open and motioned for me to go first. I slowly got up and walked out of the room. Downstairs, Sophie was pacing back and forth. Edaline kept conjuring rippleruffs as soon as Sophie finishes a plate. Even from here, I could feel the worry coming off Sophie. I could even see the small crease just above her brows.

Smirking, I ran down the stairs. "FFFOOOOSSSSTTEEEERR!" I yelled. She stopped pacing and looked up at me, and a wide grin appeared. She raced over to me, pulling me into a hug. She held on so tight, I couldn't breathe.

"Oof," I grunted as she crashed into me, then choked out, "Need . . . to . . . breath."

Sophie pulled away, and said, "Sorry. So what did Grady say?" I didn't respond, since I was sure the smile creeping up my face revealed everything. Sophie laughed a relieved laugh, then leaned in to kiss me. As soon as our lips touched, the rest of the world melted away. It was just Sophie and I.

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat. Sophie and I jumped apart and looked at Grady, Edaline, and Sandor for the first time since getting down here. Sandor was glaring at us, Grady looked like he wanted to lock Sophie in her bedroom, and Edaline was looking at us with a goofy grin on her face. My face heated up, and so did Sophie's.

After standing there for an eternity, the three finally got tired of staring at us, and left to do their work. I scooted closer to Sophie and asked, "Hey, is it fine if I spend the night here?" I asked.

"Of course!" Sophie exclaimed.

"Ok, I'll just go back to Candleshade and gather my stuff, then," I said, then pulled out my leaping crystal.

Before I stepped through, Sophie called, "Wait," then came closer, giving me another kiss.

I smiled, then said, "See ya, love." Then I stepped through the light.

FINALLY! sorry its a bit short! i tried. also, AHHHHHHH!!! I JUST CANT STOP!!!!!!! I GOT 1K VIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOWER SHOUTOUT: Sokeefe_da_bestt — ur so amazing! u have such great taste in stories. all the books in ur reading lists r so great, and im not gonna look through each one to find this out, but all the authors who wrote them are also amazing! also plz go follow her! get her to 100 by christmas!

anyways, hope yall enjoyed this chapter! plz vote, comment, and follow!

–*ೃ༄ 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓃𝓎𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓈𝒹𝑜𝓁𝓅𝒽𝒾𝓃˚◞♡ ⃗