Chapter 1: Losing Love

April 15th

"C'mon Lulu we don't want to be late for you sisters show!" My mother yelled from the downstairs corridor. "Coming don't get your knickers in a twist" I responded closing my bedroom door which I had painted full of different colored stars with the help of my sister, she was the one that convinced our parents to decorate our doors, she has a way with them. God, the things she gets away with I could never. Sorry I'm getting sidetracked...back to what I was saying. I closed my bedroom door and walked past Zia's room, made it halfway down the stairs before my mom saw my outfit and totally freaked, saying "Dear lord, she's wearing overalls. She's wearing overalls David!" "Talk with your daughter!" before walking out of the house and getting in the car.

     My dad's always caught in the crossfire between us. Here comes the mediator...to well, mediate. " Sweetie please just pick out a dress from your sisters closet" he said. She's always been so perfect to them, it's kind of enraging. I guess I'm kind of jealous of that, but that's not me. In their eyes I'm the one they can't

control but we're more alike than we seem, Zia and I, I mean. I responded to my

dad like I always do with my too cool to care or sarcastic attitude or whatever you want to call it and said "Dad it's a school musical, it's not like we're going to the opera, chill out".

"Please Lulu, before your mom get's impatient"

"Fine" I caved

     I went back upstairs even thought I only made it halfway down the stairs so I don't know if I can say I went back upstairs but I caved. I went into the first room to right. Opened my sisters closet and pulled out this glittery blue ballerina type dress. You see blue's my favorite color and Zia always hated it so that dress is a rare find in her closet. I paired it with a pair of tights and my painted doc martens, came downstairs and we were finally on our way.

       The school was putting on Mamma Mia which if you ask me is a little overdone, but hey maybe it's just not cup of tea. Zia was Sophie and as much as I

hate to admit it she was spectacular. Of course I didn't expect any less from her. When she's onstage she seems so free, almost as if she was flying. Once the musical was over we were all headed towards Zia's dressing room but mom strayed from us. She was going to say hi to one of my sister's friends, I think it was Niko but I can't really remember. I know it wasn't Owen I would've remembered

if it was him. Owen Grace I've had a crush on him since forever, I think it's really

more of an infatuation with him. I guess I find him intriguing since I know we would never happen. He would never see me. I'm not ugly, I'm just not the type of girls boys notice. It doesn't really

bother me most of the time, but just once I wish someone would see me like they see my sister. I understand she's the type of girl who's easy to love, but what makes me hard to love?

     Owen is also my sister's ex boyfriend from forever ago which makes my scenario even less probable. You might be thinking, "what kind of sister would date someone knowing how their sibling felt or feels about him?" but I didn't share that with her, it was one of the few things we never talked about and like I said it was totally a school girl crush. He saw me the same way all her friends did, as the  kid Zia dragged around places a few years ago.

I knocked on her door six times, it's not weird! It's our thing, it had a rhythm to it. If you heard it you'd understand what I mean. As she opened the door my dad handed her a bouquet of pink roses and I a single sunflower, that's her favorite. We congratulated her and dad went to fetch mom, she can talk anyone's ear off so if she found conversation we lost her.  "Do I recognize that dress?" said Zia with a smirk on her face, as if she was up to something.