Chapter One - Oh Come On

Zaras pov:

"Here we go again" i thought to myself as i walk up to the gates of the local fair, another year at nevermore and another year of going to this stupid fair. "Omg I'm so excited!! Ajax said me and him can go on the Farris wheel together!!" Said Enid my roommate and my best friend, to be honest she's the only thing keeping sane. "Like a date?" I say snapping out of my thoughts "Yes.. I mean he never said it was but yes.. Yes it is" she said squealing, as we made our way through the entrance of the fair, I look over and I see Ajax and Yoko waving at me and Enid to come over "Hey are you coming" enid asked pulling me towards them "nah I'm good I'm ganna walk around for a bit, I'll catch up with you guys later" I said letting go of her hand "oh okay see you later!!" She says hugging me and running off "Bye!" I yell back as I start to walk off.

-time skip-

"It's been an hour where is she?" I say to myself while throwing a dart at a balloon "whatever" I mumble as I walk away from  the game I just lost, I slowly look around and as I do I see a Farris wheel "may as well" I thought to myself walking towards it. I start standing in line and about a minute later a feel  a tall figure stand behind me, I turn ever so slightly to see who it was as soon as I see who it is I swing back around "you have to be kidding me... Xavier fucking Thorpe" I thought to myself, the one person I have been avoiding since the beginning of the semester as to be Right behind me "god could this day get any worse" I whisper to myself, now I'm just hoping that I get seated with the person in front of me.

-time skip-

It's been about 5 minutes and I reach the front of the line, "please seat me with them" I whisper looking at the people in front of me as I walk closer to the ride, "God fucking damn it" I think to myself, great now I have to talk to him, god kill me now. I get on to the ride and sit down looking the opposite way from him, but i look over split second just to find him already looking at me with a big shit eating grin on his face "Zara is that you?" He asks with a hint of amusement in his voice "great I've been found" i think to myself as i turn my head around slowly "uhm yeah hi" i say awkwardly. I look up at him and Then slowly turn my head back around has the ride starts to go "maybe that's all he'll say" i think to myself in hopes he won't talk to me "so uhm Enid as said a lot about you-" he starts off, Damn it I really had hope "really like what" I asked back trying to seem normal "I mean nothing to interesting just your name what  abilities you have, you know the normal" he says and laughs a bit, i nod my head a bit in hopes that it well all be over soon but i was wrong "and that you've been avoiding me" he says and i look over at him while also trying to hide my face and the embarrassed look plastered on it "I'm not avoiding you" I say knowing damn well I am, but I'm not doing it because I hate him or that I don't want to be his friend, I do want to be his friend and to be honest I've had a crush on this guy ever since I came to this hell of a school "yes you are" he says while smirking at me like this was a game "no I'm no-" I get cut off by the ride harshly stopping at the very top "what the hell" I whisper but loud enough for him to hear me, I look down worried, as I'm frantically looking at the ground I see enid, "The rides broken!" she yells to me "fuck" I say under my breath and fall back into my chair  "Don't get to excited" he says through a laugh "Oh Come On" I think to myself.