Westside

Authors Note: As with the last chapter- this was written on another platform and copy pasted to this one. Let me know if y'all are liking the first person POV. First time writing in first person (published at least).
Enjoy the chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     Sometime while I slept, it had rained. Being the only one left on the stop- the others had been shipped off hours ago. I was the only one going to Westside, and it was hours away from Shyann County Juvie. 3 and a half hours to be exact. Creaking open my eyes, I glanced around at the gateway that lead to the thing I was fearing the most. Westside. While I wished I could plead and they would let me leave, logic pointed out that it would never happen. Sitting up slowly, I stretch my hands up and over my head. The chains jiggled and clanked as they hit each other, intensifying when the bus halted.

The warden stood up, gesturing me to get up and follow him. While I wasn't really wanting to, I knew it was best to walk on my own two feet. It was either walk- or get wheeled in a wheelchair. The warden definitely had no qualms about beating my pretty little face in. In fact- I think he takes pleasure in it. Sick if you ask me.

Not wanting to give him any reason to touch me, I walk with him. Making sure to keep my distance but also remain close. So he doesn't use it as an excuse to touch me. Subconsciously, I rubbed at my wrist cuffs. The metal had started to dig into my skin, making the skin red and raw. A sign that the cuffs were way too tight- but I wasn't about to ask the warden to loosen them. Knowing the people that ran the juvie, I knew they loved to cause pain. So I avoided any chance that would happen to let them hurt me.

After multiple long hallways and many many stairs later- we seemed to have stopped at a registry desk. The warden and the secretary both talk in hushed voices. I take this moment to look around. It was a small room. Only a few chairs present. The walls were a creamy white color- devoid of any paintings or decoration. There were no tables and no other furniture besides the few chairs. Not very interesting. But apparently from the few words I was able to catch from the wardens conversation, this was the prisoner registration room. Not sure why they bothered to have chairs when they know we wouldn't be allowed to use them.

"Alright Miss Winnox, we need you to pee in this cup. A guard will stand by the bathroom door to make sure you aren't doing anything suspicious." She chirps, a little too cheerful for my tastes.

"And here are your clothes. You won't be allowed to keep the ones you're wearing now. Contraband and all." She chuckled and sets a small stack of clothes on the counter for me. I gather up all the stuff and move towards the bathroom. They still won't release my cuffs. I pull off my jumpsuit and stare at the white tank top for a moment. How was I supposed to remove it? There was no way to pull it off.

"Um- excuse me guard? I can't get this tank top-" I started to ask for help. I jumped back, startled when the guard moved towards me and cut the straps of my tank top.

"There you go. Now you can change." The guard said- his eyes remaining blank as he turned back around and resumed where he stood before. My cheeks flushed- embarrassment flooding me.

I knew better than to say anything though. I slowly turned around and unsnapped the buttons for the jumpsuit. They let me change into the jumpsuit, saying the tank top could be changed into once I was in my cell. I pissed in the cup, thankful to have the semi soft toilet paper to use. I wished I could steal a roll, but they would never let me keep it. The rolls they give us is so bad, like sandpaper. You never know what you have until it's taken from you. And good toilet paper was something I always had taken for granted.

I twisted the lid onto the cup of piss, scoffing silently. They won't let me wash my hands. I wished for even just hand sanitizer- but nobody would have pity on me. Sucking in air through my teeth, I force down any objections I had and handed the guard the cup. When I came out of the bathroom- the warden was already gone.