City of Despair

Chapter Two: City of Despair

(Author's POV)

Where we last saw Shadow in Chapter One...

Shadow couldn't believe where he was, he was now in a world where Eggman took over everything, the place he was in was called New Yolk City and it was built underneath what was left of Green Hills.

Shadow never felt so angry in his entire life, Green Hills is gone, his allies are nowhere to be found and Eggman finally did what he wanted to do, He wanted to kill himself for being a failure to every one in the world, how could he be so stupid to get in front of Sonic's way to save the crystal but ended up breaking said crystal that lead him being in the mess he is in now.

"God damn it..you are such an idiot Shadow..you caused this...and now you must fix it" he mumbled to himself.

He walked around this strange town, noticing that the citizens were depressed and sad as they went on about their day as usual. God these people are so miserable..and I'm the reason why they're like this.. he thought to himself as he walked.

Suddenly he gets surrounded by powerful-looking badniks, who ordered him to surrender to the Chaos Council or be destroyed, Shadow apparently knew that they won't defeat him, he wasn't called the Ultimate Lifeform for nothing, so he spin dashed into the bots and destroyed the machines, the citizens were in awe as they watched Shadow fight the machines, thinking that if he can fight them, so can they so they decided to band together and fight the bots.

Shadow was surprised that the citizens decided to fight back after seeing him fight the badniks, he honestly felt relieved and respected that he inspired them to fight for their freedom..is this what sonic felt like? To have the ability to inspire people to fight for their hopes and dreams? It honestly felt nice..

But enough of that, he needed to find a way to fix everything and everyone, so he decided to find this world's Tails, who is the most qualified expert in these types of situations, so He went to find him before anything goes wrong.

Meanwhile at a large building, a mechanical blue hedgehog cyborg arrived at the front gate and the robot guards scanned him,

[IDENTIFICATION CONFIRMED: WELCOME SONIC STRIKE]

Sonic Strike nodded and was let in by the guards, he walked past the worker bots who are doing their work, as usual, then he entered a security camera room and logins to command auto traffic and suddenly he noticed footage of a black hedgehog with red stripes and air shoes, fighting back the badniks, he checked to see the code numbers but couldn't find them on the stranger, [Hmm..he's not from around here. I must inform the council immediately] he said in a robotic voice as he video-calls one of the members.

Back with Shadow, he was able to defeat the badniks and the citizens cheered for him, "Thank you Stranger! You have shown us that we can still have a better life" said one citizen.

"Of course..also do you know where I can find a blue hedgehog and a two-tailed fox?" Then the citizens got scared at the blue hedgehog part,

"WE DON'T TALK ABOUT HIM..but we did see a yellow fox around these parts, he's usually at the train station, you should see him there..either way, we're going to join the rebellion, see ya" as they finished saying that, they left, leaving Shadow very confused.

Why did they get so afraid when I mentioned Sonic? He thought to himself but there was no time to dwell on that, he must find Tails so he heads to the train station without attracting attention to himself.

As he made it there, he noticed the fox as he got down the tracks and walked into the tunnel, making Shadow believe that he has a workshop/hideout down there so he follows him, not knowing that he'll be in the fight of his life.

TO BE CONTINUED.