Chapter 15

Shawn, Lay, Joy, and Lauren 👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽

<>

Whitney

<>

I woke up this morning with anxiety in my heart. Today is Amarquis's court case and I just really wanted to know the truth. That's all I longed for. I've been so stressed since the last time we talked. So many unanswered questions, I have and I need every one of them answered.

Do I believe he did it? No but then again he could have but at the end of the day I can't think of one reason why he would.

The case wasn't until 9 and it's just 6:30. I've been up pacing the floor since about 2 and still can't make myself understand anything that's going on.

I decided to text Jaylon and ask for some words of wisdom because he thinks he knows it all anyways.

Not to long after txting him, he called me.

"Hey" I said shyly into the phone.

"Girl, you know what time it is? This better be a booty call or some because I got work in a few hours." He said groggy into the phone.

His sleepy voice was a huge turn on and I'm so glad he couldn't see me biting my lip.

"Stop thinking about how fine I look and tell me why you called me" he said into the phone.

"Boy, please." I responded sitting down on my bed

"Mhm, I know you so well and you still choose to lie but okay."

"Anyways, today is the court case and I'm feeling some type of way like I wanna go but then again I don't. Should I?"

"Yes you should, you need to go because you need answers. Not just for you but for your son. Just like you was telling those people at the funeral to be strong and trust in God, you need to do the same." He said into the phone.

"Jaylon, why do you always have to be right." I whined into the phone.

"Because I'm daddy, and daddy is always right." He teased

"Oh I bet" I said looking out at my window. It still was dark outside.

"I was right about you."

"Oh really? What were you so right about?"

He hesitated and then said "I'll tell you later but for right now you need to get some sleep."

"Can you sing me a song before you hang up."

"Whitney it's almost 4 in the morning and you demanding songs? You better turn on pandora." He huffed.

"Pleaaaase daddy." I begged knowing he was gone give me what I wanted.

He sighed into the phone and began to sing Up To You by Chris Brown.

What the hell babe,
Damn I ain't never felt this way
Somebody, somebody tell me
I don't have a clue what to do when it comes to you
Baby, you're so beautiful
Everytime, I see you girl, it throw me off
It's so unusual
For me, to be waiting
But I don't want to blow it girl,
But you should know this girl

I'm not gonna be the one to mess this up
Cause I've done effed up in love before
I'ma be the one to take a back seat girl
We can take our time and you can run this
Stay in, go out
Anything you want girl, we can do.
Girl are we goin down, I don't know
But from here now, baby I'm gon leave that up to you.