~1~

|-|

"Kim Hongjoong,"
The lecture professor called out my name as attendance.
"Here."
I replied raising my hand.

First day of year two;
Strangely enough, I didn't feel twenty, if anything, I still felt sixteen. It was a weird thing, feeling as if you haven't lived your years, they felt lost.

It could've been the fact that I didn't live my teenage years. I was far too busy teaching myself production techniques that I could only pray would help me in my feature.

I didn't live until the beginning of my first year at college, when I finally started "socializing" more with others, yes, I've always had friends, at the very least one. But I'd never been in love. Until I was. My first love. The most useless time of my entire life. I still had to see him every day. See the person who hurt me so horribly.

What a waste of my time.

And he, is a waste of fucking space.

At this point. I recognized everyone our professor named, or at least was used to hearing some of the names five days a week.

Except one.

"Park Seonghwa."
He loudly called.
No one answered.
"Seonghwa."
Yet, no answer.
"Mr. Park."
Finally someone responded.
"Yes. I'm here. Sorry."
A kind sounding voice called from the doorway.
"Late on your first day?"
Our professor tsked
"Take a seat."

The platinum blonde boy rushed up the stairs at me, setting his notebook upon the desk next to me.
"Is this desk taken?"
He asked smiling.
"No. Go ahead."
I replied. He plonked into the chair, flipping his notebook open.

He constantly clicked his pen throughout the lecture, so much so I wanted to slap it out of his hand. But I continued to ignore him. Not even looking in his direction.

Finally I couldn't take it. I looked at him. His eyes were hard set on his paper scribbled in dark ink.

He was beautiful.
And just from his profile.

His plump pink lips set into a pout as he focused on his notes, his almost white hair laid messily atop his head, most of it pushed back, though some pieces fell in front of his face.

He felt my stare and turned to me, meeting my eyes. And fuck. If I thought he couldn't get prettier from his profile, was I wrong. Front on, he was even more staggeringly gorgeous.

He gave me a smile.
"Hi!"
He greeted happily.
"Hi."
I returned his smile.
"I'm Seonghwa, by the way."

"Hongjoong."

My heart raced in a way I hadn't felt in a long time.

He hummed, standing from his seat.
"Well then, I'll see you around sometime, Hongjoong."
He said turning to walk down the stairs. I watched him as he walked out of the room.

The interaction was so quick, yet so perfect.

Fuck, he's something.

Something. And I'd barely said anything to him.

I collected my things to make my way out of the large room.
"Joong!"

"What's up, San?"
The red haired boy caught up to me, walking by my side as we walked out into the hallway.
"You met that blonde? Who is he?"
He asked.
"Yeah? His name's Seonghwa I guess, why?"

"What did he say. He was looking at you almost the entire class."
I snorted.
"No he fucking wasn't."
"He was. It's because you're pretty."
San said, shoving my shoulder.
"He only looked at me after realizing I was staring."

"Why were you staring?"
I blinked my eyes at him.
"I- he- he was pissing me off. He was clicking his pen."
I answered. The defensiveness in my voice was more evident then I would've liked.
"Mhm~ he's so good looking. Wouldn't you agree?"
He sing-songed.
"Fuck off, San."
I returned the shove from earlier.
"Ouch,"
San dramatically rubbed his shoulder, glaring at me.
"When you asking him out?"
He asked.
"Never."

"Not to date dumbass. I know 'it's a waste of my time', but for a hook up?"
I scrunched my nose at him. It wasn't unknown that I had a lot of one night stands, but something about it being brought up made my skin crawl.
"Ew, no. I'm not fucking him. No way in forty hell's."

"Why? Too out of your league?"
San scoffed.
"Probably."
Amusement laced his voice.
"No, he's just not my type."

"Sure."

"Eat shit, San."

"You first."

We separated, San had more classes as that was my last.

Outside laid people soaking in the last bit of the summer heat. It was hot, but not as humid as it was a week or so ago. I loved hot weather, every year I was sad to see it go.

My one complaint about summer? The metal of seat belts. My car was always disgustingly hot, and the air-conditioning was a hit or miss, only working occasionally. I was left to roll down my windows and hope the moving air would cool the car down somewhat.

My apartment was only a five minute drive, so the windows didn't do too much in that short time frame.

My apartment was a small, studio esk apartment, but it was well decorated, and homelike, minus the florescent ceiling lights I tried to never turn on, they gave me headaches, I much prefered yellow light lamps.

My cats were sprawled out on the couch, a scene I was more then used to seeing every day when I got home. I always wondered what they did while I was out.

I reached to scruff the sweet fluffy gray cat lying on his side, he instantly began purring loudly. I hummed sweetly at the fluffy creature.

I glanced at the clock hanging on my wall.
7:00pm
Not too late to grab coffee.