CHAPTER 19

"Good afternoon po, Tita," I stood up from my seat when I saw that Kiel's mother had entered the cafe.

"Sorry, I'm late. I didn't expect the traffic here, nasanay ako sa Japan, hija. Anyway, good afternoon, thank you for waiting," she kissed my cheek before sitting down. We ordered a drink to drink before starting to talk. "Does my son know that we will meet today?"

"He doesn't know. Susunduin niya po dapat ako ngayon pero ang sabi ko lang ay may gagawin ako," ngumiti ako kahit kinakabahan. What are we going to talk about? Last night, I couldn't calm down thinking about it. "What are we going to talk about po?"

"Oh, it's just about my dear son, Akio. He has been telling me about you for a long time since then, since last year. He called me, 'mom, I think I saw the love of my life, I saw a woman in the hospital crying because something hurt her.. we talked, I immediately fell in love with her for reasons I don't know, I just feel different.' He said that in our language, I just translated it to English," she laughed modestly.

"I was also surprised when he approached me," I placed a smile on my face, remembering that memory.

"Hija, my son, Kiel is not that close to girls. I only know that his female friend is Nikki, do you know her?" tinignan niya ako nang may pagtataka sa mata, tumango ako bilang sagot. Mas gusto niya ba si Nikki kaysa sa akin? Will she compare us now? "My son liked her, Nadeleine. Are you aware of that?" She crossed her legs and she puts her one hand on her knee. Kinuha niya ang kape niya at humigop doon before looking away, waiting for my answer.

I can't even speak! Natatakot ako sa mangyaring sasabihin niya. But it's already here, I have no choice. "I am aware," sumandal ako.

"I saw everything my son did for Nikki. Kiel makes a lot of effort when he likes someone, he's so... kind. But Ralpkiel couldn't admit it because he knew they were only there, he didn't admit it because being friends was the only way to get them closer. My son is so afraid of rejection," binalik niya na ang tingin niya sa akin. "And I don't know how he was able to confess to you," she added.

Maybe Kiel is just afraid of losing Nikki by his side? I took a deep breath. Wala akong masabi, barado 'yung lalamunan ko. I knew Ralpkiel was afraid of rejection because I could see that when he was telling stories. Pero his mother is right, how did I manage to get Ralpkiel to admit his feelings for me?

"Nadeleine, it only means that he really likes you. He doesn't want to lose you because Ralpkiel gambled on his fear, he faced his fear. Did you reject him when he confessed- oh, sorry, what a stupid question..." tinakpan niya ang bibig niya at natawa nang mahinhin. "He won't court you now if you reject him. Back to what I was saying, you must be very special to Ralpkiel and he did that."

"I don't know what to say, Tita, I'm sorry," I gave her a shy smile.

"You don't have to say anything, all you have to do is listen," she smiled at me. "I don't want to compare but I know Ralpkiel likes you more than Nikki before. I also see in Kiel's story how good a person you are, Nadeleine. I didn't hear anything wrong with you when he was telling me about you, I know you are very kind, hija... So please, don't hurt my child. Just leave him right now if you have any plans. I don't want to see my son hurt even if it's part of love," her face and voice softened.

I bit my lip before answering, "I won't promise but I will do my best not to hurt your son. I will also do everything I can for him, I will give him all the things he deserves. I will protect him, too,"

"Please, do... Raia said something to me, nagtatanong ka raw about Ralpkiel's return to Japan,"

It's like I don't want to continue what we're talking about because that's our topic. I don't want to think about it, I do everything to not think about it. That was difficult for me, I knew that I would reach a point where I could give too much of my love to Kiel, then suddenly he would leave. Either way, I don't want to think about it but I won't stop him if that's his decision. May magagawa pa ba ako?