Ch. 4: Receiving Blades and First Missions

Fifteen days have passed since Izuku and Tanjiro passed Final Selection, officially joined the Demon Slayer Corps and chose the ore for their Blades.

The sounds of bells jingling were heard as two figures, one who was young and tall while carrying something on his back and one who was small and elderly, were currently heading their way up Mt. Sagiri.

The eightneen and fifteen year old boys heard the sounds from outside and went out there to see two men walking towards the hut itself. They stopped when they reached them as they saw their hyottoko masks.

"Uh..."

"Greetings. My name is Haganezuka. Beside me is our village leader."

The masked elder white-haired man bows to the boys before speaking, "Ohayou gozaimatsu

The masked elder white-haired man bows to the boys before speaking, "Ohayou gozaimatsu. (Good morning.) I am Tecchin Tecchikawahara, leader to the swordsmith village. We have come here today to deliver the forged swords of Tanjiro Kamado and Izuku Urokodaki."

"Oh!" The two bowed to them before raising their heads

"Oh!" The two bowed to them before raising their heads. "That would be us. I'm Izuku Urokodaki and this is Tanjiro Kamado. Please come inside."

The lead the two men insides where they set the wrapped boxes down and began to unravel them.

"This is the Nichirin Sword. I have forged your sword, Young Kamado, while Mr. Tecchikawahara forged Young Urokodaki's." Haganezuka states while continuing to unwrap the cover that was on them.

"Um... would you like some tea or... something?" Tanjiro asked.

"I prefer you wait until he's done. Haganezuka likes to state the details of the sword itself." Tecchikawahara said.

"The material for a Nichirin Sword are obtained from the mountain closest to the sun. Scarlet Iron Sand and Scarlet Ore. These produce steel that can absorb sunlight."

"Huh... is that right?"

"Mt. Yoko is bathed in sunlight all day long, you see. Never a cloud in the sky..."

Sakonji was in another room, watching over Nezuko to make sure she's fine, as he heard the talking going on outside the room.

"There he goes again, never listening to what anyone says..." He states.