23 | Oblivion

The whole day Mateo's been out somewhere, the last time I saw him was last night

After that nothing, just him calling from time to time but I just let my phone ring.

If he is deciding to be ignorant so am I, on a fucking vacation I'm here reviewing new potential products. Approving leaves.

There are a series of knocks on the door, sighing I walk towards it and open it to reveal on of the staff members.

"Miss.Lovett? Mr.Revker had asked me to inform you that he has arranged a private jet for you to fly back home" The guy says.

"What?" I ask.
"Where's Mateo?" I question.

"I don't know but the car leaves in two hours please be ready" He says before walking away.

Mateo.
Motherfucker.
The audacity of this man never fails to amuse me.

Honestly if he has 'business' in Pairs why the fuck would he suggest I come too.

Mother fucker left me all bored and shit.

For the rest of the time being, I pack up all my belongings and some of his that he must of left behind.

My mind curses every cell that his body contains.

After I've made sure I have everything, I do exactly what the guy told me to and get into the car which drives me to his jet.

With a slight feeling that just maybe he is in this jet, I walk in but it's silent. Which means he isn't.

The pilot does all the pleasantries as we get ready for take off.

The whole flight, I'm either day dreaming or just slightly overthinking about how Mateo is acting weird.

And why.

• • •

"Hey, I was wondering when you want me to pick up Mils?" I ask Blair through the phone.

"Wait a minute- your back early?" She says surprised.

"Yeah" I reply.
"Okay..alright nope" She says.

"Nope?" I question.
"Yeah, let Mils be with me a little longer. How about til...Thursday?!" she says.

Two more days.

"I- ok" I sigh.
"Alright love ya' bye bye" She says quickly hanging up.

Strange. Everyone is acting strange.