Chapter 1 : Welcome to Nevermore

|\/|cameron POV|\/|

I stared out the window gazing at the autumn-summer trees , I looked up ahead to see the black iron gates that read 'Nevermore Academy'. I wanted to smirk at the gates but I'm unsure of what Nevermore has installed for me . I  looked over to the rest of the car , tommy was bouncing up and down he's sure he's going to 'wolf out' at nevermore , wilbur sitting beside him wasn't exactly happy were going to Nevermore but he that didn't stop phil from sending us here , and in the front seat next to phil himself was techno his skin pale as ever he had no opinion on Nevermore or he did and had just lied when I had asked his opinion.

The car came to a halt , I opened the car door and stepped out . I looked up at the academy and its stone outside , phil really does think this could be our best shot at a new life to leave the mess behind. I think its our only option.

I looked to techno who had the same thought floating around in his head the thought in question 'something is definitely going wrong this year'. I walked around to the boot of our car , the gravel crunching underneath my feet and opened it using my telekinesis. Also using my telekinesis making my bags floating behind me as I walked in .

I stood at the entrance to the quad and looked around at all the teenagers who are supposed to be 'just like me' but the true fact was none of us were just like each other and we all knew it . Phil found out where our dorms were and handed us each a small piece of yellow paper that said where all are dorms are .

"Were all in different parts of the campus" wilbur said holding the note tightly in his grip. "Yes , and I knew this I actually specifically requested it" phil said as all our expressions turned to disgust and a sense of betrayal. "What that doesn't-"I was cut off "I know you all wanted to share a dorm but you need friends of you own , name one friend you have you don't live with ?" We were all silent phil was right and for once we couldn't prove him wrong it was something we could agree we all hated .

We all accepted the fact phil was right and that we'd have to try make friends so we began to say goodbyes. Tommy said goodbye first , I looked over at wilbur who was also waiting to say good bye "do you think we'll miss him?" I ask him fiddling with the buttons on my cardigan."not as much as you think" is all he said before he started his good bye with phil.

Once wilbur was done it was my turn . I walked up to phil and embraced him in a hug , phil is always looking after us so I hope us being away wont worry him and he can look after himself . I said goodbye to phil and told him how much id miss him but he stopped me before I could fled . " Cameron I know you think there are no more people like you but trust me I can sense there is someone here at Nevermore just like you but you have to find them on your own " after phil said that he pushed me off into the school waving his scared old hand until he was just a black shadow.

I turned back , the quad was a lot more busy now . All the family's had left and people were starting to talk to each other like they had seen them yesterday. The headmaster got the schools attention by ringing a small gold bell and began her speech .

"Hello every one!, I'm am headmaster Weems and I will be your principle of your years at Nevermore . Speaking of Nevermore most of you have come form schools where you haven fit in or just didn't feel like the rest but here at Nevermore this is where the strange fit in and norm don't" she said with a teething smile.

"At dinner tonight I will explain rules and privileges, until then have fun meeting your new roommates and unpacking your bags , oh and any questions about dorms please ask your assigned dorm hall teacher thank you and enjoy this year at Nevermore Academy!"when Weems finished her speech there was applause and the everyone scattered to find there dorms . Everyone was desperate to find out who there roommate was.

(766 words)