Chapter 1

Y/n pov (age four)

"Come on y/n," dad said quietly.

"Where's Mom," I asked wearing my black dress and looking around the house

"She's not here baby"

"Where is she"

"She went on a trip. She was walking somewhere, and angles asked if she wanted to go play with them up there"

"Oh ok"

We went to a place with a lot of people wearing black. We were there for a long time and people kept saying sorry to Dad. What did they do to him?

(Age 4 1/2)

Dad found a new girl but she was horrible. He thought they would get married but I wasn't happy. She and her ex-husband were abusive towards me. Her ex-husband started showing up more and more I got hurt more and more. Then they broke up.

(Age 7)

Dad was wearing a suit and was sweating. I was in a blue dress.

"I'll see you after sweety. Go see Laura" Dad said softly

"OK Dad" I walked across the hall and saw Laura wearing a big white dress. "Ohhh pretty," I said walking in.

"Y/n. Come here" she said. I smiled and walked over. "I'm so excited to be your stepmom. I want to help you in any way I can"

"Ok," I smiled. She hugged me before she walked out.

Laura had officially adopted me and was now in my family and I couldn't be happier.

(Age 10)

"Y/n come meet your brother" I ran down the stairs and saw Laura holding a little boy.

"Y/n meet Charlie," Dad said

"Hello Charlie"

(Age 14)

The fighting got worse and worse. Usually when Charlie was asleep but I heard it. It was basically screaming matches until they decided to get a divorce.

"Come on y/n. We have to go" Luara said. "You'll see him next week"

"Ok," I mumbled before looking around the empty house. Dad was still not home and they just got a divorce.

"Y/n! Wait for me," Charlie said running over. I picked him up and brought him out to the car. I looked back at the empty driveway to see Dad's car not there. I let out a sigh and got in the car.

(Age 18/ the present)

"Come on y/n. Time to go" Laura said

"Mhmm"

My leg was bouncing.

"Come on" she repeated

"Laura. I got it you bring Charlie in" Neal said. She nodded before getting Charlie.

"Here grab your music. I know she said no but take it." He passed it back to me.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

I opened the door and so did he.

"You're going to be ok. Just remember to breathe."

"Ok"

"Come here," he said holding his arms out to me. I walked into his arms and hugged him.

"What if something happens and Dad doesn't know what to do?"

"You'll be fine"

"Ok" I mumbled

I looked over to the door and saw Dad looking over at me.