Chapter 11

y/n pov

bernard insisted on stealing neal food before we walked back in the other room. 

"what's all this boohooing going on here," he said after taking a bite out of the food he stole. i followed after him laughing a little. neal turned around quickly in shock. "hey how you doing" he said looking over at neal which made me laugh a little more. 

"it's nothing bernard. I'm just saying goodbye to charlie" dad said. Luara was holding charlie. bernard looked over at me with a confused look before looking at the three in front of him.

"what goodbye. you still got the glass ball, right?" bernard asked looking at charlie. 

"yeah" charlie answered

"well, all you gotta do is shake it whenever you want to see your dad or y/n"

"Really!"

"they can come back to see you at any time, day or night. hey have I ever steered ya wrong?" charlie shook his head. i looked over at neal who was staring intensely at me and bernard. bernard looked over as well. "nice sweater," he said "hey did we make this?" bernard said looking at the tag. i laughed a little at neal wide eyes. 

"laura. he's sucking us into his delusions" neal said. "look at the elaborate measures he's taken" he said as bernard was about to take another bite of food. neal took it from him. 

"neal relax," laura said. bernard kissed my cheek before disappearing into glitter again. i shook my head with a smile while charlie had a huge smile on his face from our interaction. "ill explain it to you later"  neal looked back over and didn't see him. he ran into the other room.  

"where'd he go?" 

I laughed and walked over to dad but not before ruffling Charlie's hair. charlie looked at me. 

"he kissed your cheek!" he said 

"I know," I said with a laugh. 

"you smiled"

"I know!"

"you like him"

"maybe"

he gasped with a smile

"dad! did you see that? bernards kissed y/n cheek!"

"yeah sport I saw. she did it to him earlier"

"dad!" I yelled

charlie giggled as I made a face at dad. i heard sirens again outside

"we should be going" I said

"alright," dad said. we went up the chimney and into the sleigh. i heard talking outside. the sleigh started flying again and we stopped in front of the house. 

"bye charlie!" dad said

"bye, dad. bye y/n" charlie said as I waved to him.

"Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight," dad said as we started on our way again. he did a quick turnaround when he realized we forgot to put some presents down.

"look out below," dad said as I dropped the presents down. charlie caught the soccer ball I threw. then we flew away. 

------

after like 10ish minutes dad pulled back up to the house. i laughed and looked down. dad started descending with the toy bag. i sat on the edge of the sleigh to watch

"hey sport," dad said

"dad!"

"you miss me already? I've been gone what? ten minutes?"

"yeah!" I yelled down. 

"give me a break. i was on my way to Cleveland and y/n said Bernard going to be mad if we get home too late"

"hey!" I yelled down. charlie laughed as he looked up at me. 

"come here and give me a hug," dad said. charlie ran over and gave him a hug. "do you want to go for a quick ride"

"yeah!" charlie said

"of course its up to you mom"

"Please, mom?"

"go on. get out of here" she said

"alright hold on" he lifted the bag over his head and started to fly up to the sleigh. i got up and moved to where I was sitting before. 

"Just a quick one! and not over any oceans Scott. Scott!" she started as we waved her off. "Scott!"

------

after we dropped charlie back off we made it back to the pole. the sleigh started going down into the snow and the elves were cheering. i saw bernard on the pole from last year. i smiled at him and he smiled back. once it stopped he walked over. 

"That was an all too familiar situation," I said

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said before kissing my cheek

"you missed" 

"What?"

"you missed"

"i don't think i know what you're talking about," he said with a grin. i rolled my eyes before going on my tip toes and pressing a kiss to his lips. he smiled into the kiss and moved a hand to my jaw. i heard some elves awing behind us. after a couple of seconds, we pulled away. 

"oh that's what you meant," he said with a small laugh

"you knew what i meant"

"maybe," he said before pulling me back in

"aye you two get a room!" dad said making us both pull away. i laughed a little as dad walked over. "so~ you two a thing now?" dad asked. i looked over at bernard who was looking at me. i raised my eyebrows in question. he tilted his head to me. i smiled before looking back at dad. 

"yeah," I said softly before looking back at bernard who laced his hand with mine and kissed my temple. "we are"

"well good. i haven't seen you this happy in a while. bernard if you hurt her..." dad started

"I won't. I promise" bernard said. dad nodded with a smile before walking away. "come on. we got plans" he said pulling me with him. i laughed at his excitement

"ok I'm coming" 

a/n: 

Hello! this is the end of the first movie. I'm trying to decide if I want to put the second movie in this book or make another so be on the lookout for when I start writing the next movie! thanks for all the votes and nice comments that have been given on this book. <3. I also think I spelled neals name 3 different ways but I'm not sure anymore.