Chapter 16

Chuuya's POV:

When I finally finish getting myself ready: dressing up, doing my hair, and brushing my teeth, I get out of my room, noticing some breakfast on the table. And I must say, it smelled delicious! "What's going on Dazai? When did you have time to buy it?"

"I didn't! I cooked!" I was a little surprised by that response. I always thought that he couldn't cook.. but that looked great! I still was suspicious.. but I didn't really care. I sat down at the table and Dazai sat beside me. "Bon appétit!" He always was his goofy self! I took the fork that was laying beside the dish and I tried it.. "this is.. delicious! And my favorite dish! How'd you know and what's the occasion?"

"Well, a magician never reveals his secrets. And it's our anniversary today silly! You didn't forget, right?" 

"Oh fuck- I completely forgot.. shit, shit, shit!!"

"Ha! Me? Forget? I'm not stupid, slug."

"Always such a polite way with words chibi."

"Please don't call me that."

"Fine, just for today though.." he then smiled at me. His smile was and always will be the same goofy smile he does, and I really enjoyed it. I finished my dish and he gave me some water to drink up. "Why are you being so kind, mackerel?"

"I just am! I'm in a such good mood.. by the way, may I invite you for a date tonight?"

"You wish, the last time we went on one, you insulted and punched someone-"

"Let's ignore that.. I'll pick you up at 6 pm at your place, deal?"

"But I finish work at 6.. maybe at 6:30?"

"Then 6:30 it is! Now I might need to leave before I get killed by kunikada for being late.. see you Chuu Chuu!" And he rushed out the door. "Tsk, such a kid this guy..

Before leaving my apartment, I fed the cat and cleaned the dishes from Dazai's cooking.. but he used all the ingredients I had in the fridge. So when I left the building and went to the grocery store. But I must do something like that no one will ask where I have been.. so I took my phone out of my pocket and dial a number. "Hello, boss? ... yes, I would just want to say in advance I'll be late. ... personal matters, boss. ... thank you, goodbye." And I hung up.

I went inside the grocery shop and bought the necessities. Luckily, there wasn't anyone I knew, because the last time it happened, it was very embarrassing.. I went to the cashier to pay. She was scanning all my groceries and putting them aside, as well as a bag to them in. "So that'll be 1419.59 yen please." And I paid by card. She was putting my groceries into the bag and I put my card away. "Hey, so this might sound weird, but may I have your number? You just look... good."

"Sorry, I'm taken." I wanted to laugh so badly but she seemed embarrassed.

"Well, this is embarrassing.. sorry sir! Have a good day!"

"No worries ma'am, you too." And I left the store. On my way to work, I was laughing like crazy. I felt some people stare at me like I was doing something weird, but I didn't care.

I was doing some files that Mori will pick up at the end of the day, in peace. "God... what am I, in 7th grade? Am I doing a fucking assignment? Why tf would he pick it up afterward?" I was about to finish when someone barged into my office, and it was Kouyou. "How could you chuuya!"

"What happened? Is everything ok?"

"I thought we had a bond together with the gossip we do each week!"