Chapter thirteen

Lionpool lays next to his mate Mothflight. "Lionpool, wake up! I want you on a border patrol with Spiderpaw, Forestneedle, Blackskin, Nighttail and Shadowpaw." Tigertea says. "Alright, i'm coming..." Lionpool mumbles. He looks at Mothflight, who's still sleeping. Then he walks to the patrol. "Let's go. By the way, Tigertea told me to lead the patrol." Forestneedle says. Lionpool nods; "Alright." They walk to the Thunderclan border first. "I smell Darkbreeze..." Blackskin says. "Just like last time..." Spiderpaw mumbles to Lionpool. "Yes, weird." Lionpool says. She can't meet a Thunderclan cat in secret, she doesn't do that right? Lionpool thinks shocked. "She was probably just hunting, then she saw a Thunderclan cat and send him away." Nighttail says irritated. "Yea, you're probably right." Blackskin says.

+++

I still can't believe what i saw... Lilyfeather thinks. "Is there something wrong, Lilyfeather? You look sad." Sharkfur says. "I discovered a secret from Peltclaw..." Lilyfeather mumbles. "You saw him with that Shadowclan cat?" Sharkfur asks softly. "No, which Shadowclan cat? I saw him with a Riverclan apprentice!" Lilyfeather says surprised. "I saw him being mates with a Shadowclan cat called Darkbreeze. She's the kit of Tigertea, the Shadowclan deputy." Sharkfur says. "Why didn't you tell me, he was mates with a Shadowclan cat?" Lilyfeather asks shocked. "I was scared you wouldn't believe me... Would you have?" Sharkfur answers. "You're actually right, i wouldn't believe you. But i saw he asked a Riverclan apprentice to be his mate! Doesn't he really love anyone?" Lilyfeather mumbles sad. "He's a player..." Sharkfur says. "I'm so sorry for being stupid to you, i should have known..." Lilyfeather says. "It's not your fault, i thought he was loyal to you and Thunderclan. But it seems like he isn't. I'm sorry i didn't tell you..." Sharkfur says. "What are you talking about?" Honeybear asks, she looks jealous. "Nothing important." Lilyfeather answers. "You look sad, did something happen?" Honeybear asks. "No, nothing happened. Can you leave us alone, please?" Sharkfur says irritated. Honeybear rolls her eyes, and walks away.

+++

Why does Sharkfur only like Lilyfeather? She already has a mate! Why can't he see that he and me are made for each other? Honeybear asks herself. It's so un fair, Lilyfeather is so popular! She walks towards her littermate Snowstorm. "Hey Honeybear, how are you?" She asks. "I'm fine, i guess." Honeybear mumbles. "How are you doing?" "I'm doing great!" Snowstorm answers. "That's nice." Honeybear says.