CHAPTER 12

Moving out of the apartment and working on the new project made me very tired for the whole week. I was unable to skip the office and girls has helped a lot in setting up my room. Brittany was eager to help as well but I denied saying she is already working a lot in office. Even Aaron offered his help when I told him about changing my apartment. This past week has brought us close. We are really good friends now. I have seen a complete different side of him. We have had our moments outside office where he is not the introvert guy known by everyone. He is talkative and very big tease. He loves to make fun of my height all the time calling me names like shorty because I am very short compared to him. Well I know I am short with just 5'1ft  and he is 6ft tall which makes a huge height difference among both us. While he calls me shorty I started calling him weirdo. I am not just saying this to get back to him. He is totally a weird person and he even agrees with me. One day we were having conversation about something where we both agreed that we are weird beings. I have found an amazing friend in Aaron but my feelings are growing day by day as I am getting to know him better personally. But to him I am his friend. I am not expecting anything from him and I will try to be  content just by his friendship. Try is the key word here. Truth to be told once we starts seeing someone in a romantic way it is impossible to stay just friends with that person. Our whole day starts revolving around them and our hopes gets high everytime when they smile at us.

"Anna can I ask you something"? Selena's voice interrupted my thoughts. She is standing near the window staring outside.

"Sure". I replied. I am sitting on the couch in our living room and enjoying my Sunday evening with a chocolate brownie in one hand and a novel in another. Selena is with me at the apartment and Nora, Hayley and Ash are out. Hayley and Selena both got a Job and they will be starting from tomorrow. Finally these girls got settled and they can concentrate on their studies as well.

"Have you ever felt homesick? You know living in a new city without family members and everything is new around you". I kept my book on the table infront of me and patted on the couch asking her to sit. She came and sat beside me.

"I am living here for years so New York is my home now. But you know at start I was very upset and scared because I was alone in this city. Sometimes I used to cry too remembering our family and you guys but you know what made me stay strong. The answer is same again our family and you four girls and a promise to myself. You have always supported me in my every step. My parents, my brothers and our other family members they have all been my support system. I came here to become something and build my career. And here I am doing as fine as I can. I know how you are feeling right now because I have gone through the same thing. Always remember one thing if you have to reach somewhere you have to  get out from somewhere else. No matter how comforting the place was. Because for building future you have to start working on present". When I finished explaining about how I felt she gave me a wide smile and nods in understanding.

"Thanks Anna. I always feels good after talking with you". She said.

"I am always here for all of you but I don't understand one thing why do you guys says the same thing about feeling good after talking with me".

"You know we are a group but for all four us you are very important and you always gives us good advice that's why we always listens to you". She rested her head on my shoulder.

I know I am important to you all and you all are equally important to me as well". I said.

"So how is going on with you and Aaron"? She asked.

"Good I guess. We are friends". I said.

"Friends"? She sat straight and raised her eyebrows.

"Yes. Friends". I said. She was about to say something but stopped when we saw Hayley, Nora and Ashley entering inside with bags in their hands.

"Where did you guys went"? Selena asked.

"Me and Ashley went to grocery store". Hayley said and went in the kitchen.

"I went out with my college friends and on the way I brought some Chinese food for all of us". Nora placed the bags on the table.

"Did I heard Chinese"? Hayley came back from kitchen.

"Yes. I'll freshen up fast". Nora went to her room. Ashley and Hayley did the same. Me and Selena took out the food from bags and placed it on table. Soon the girls joined and we started eating.

"Girls listen. Aaron and Anna are friends now". Selena said. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Woah Anna that's nice". Hayley said.

"She said Friends not boyfriend so why is it nice"? Nora asked Hayley.

"Because its Aaron we are talking about. We all know how introvert he is. If that guy is her friend then I think he can be boyfriend as well in future". She replied.

"I don't know about future buy I like being his friend. Atleast for now". I said.

"So Anna what kind of a guy he is"? This time Ashley asked.

"Hmmm. Well he is very kind and talented. We have a lots of similarities as well".

"Like"? Nora asked.

"He loves reading books, he wants to travel to Europe, he likes Anime, his taste in music and movies and even his allergy to strong smells and dust. So yeah we have a lot in common".

"I can't believe this. How can he so similar to you. I felt like you are describing your ownself". Ashley said.

"I know but we have differences too". I said.

"Which makes it more perfect. You both are really a great combination". Hayley said.

"I know. I feel like he is the man I have always imagined myself to be with". I sighed.

"Oh come on Anna there are lots of guys in the world and I am sure you will find your perfect match". Selena said.

"Yes Anna she is right. Don't be upset about it and enjoy your time with him". Nora said.

"Sure guys". I smiled at them but even the thought of him not in my future made my heart clenched. My phone vibrated in my lap. I checked the phone and saw it is a message from weirdo. This has become our daily routine since last week. We text to each other daily before falling asleep. While replying to his text I am sure I am going to fall very hard and he will not be there to hold me.