CHAPTER 27

I opened my eyes when I heard a knock on my door. Selena peeked inside. She is wearing a sweater with a beanie on her head. It's the start of December and pretty much cold tonight.

"What happened? Do you want something"? I asked as I got up.

"Were you asleep"? She asked. I shake my head.

"Then join me and Ash in the living room. I have prepared some hot chocolate for us". She opened my rooms door wide. I got up from bed and joined them.

"I thought you two are asleep". I said as I sat on the couch. Ashley is at my right side sipping from her mug.

"So did you enjoyed Simon's party"? Sel handed me a mug and took a seat beside me on my left.

"Yeah. Thanks to you by the way as you forced me to come there". I giggles.

"So have you talked to him"? Ashley asked.

"Aaron"? I asked. She nods in response.

"No we didn't. I am not texting him because I don't want to hang onto him but at the same time I feel so bad. He is not texting me either. I guess I wasn't that important to him as I thought". I sighed.

"Maybe he is taking time for himself. I have seen your interaction Anna. I have seen how he used to look at you. How he used to explain even smallest things about him to you in detail so that you don't get any wrong ideas about him. Maybe he is figuring out his feelings". Selena's words made sense.

"I completely understand what you are saying Sel but he has four months to think about it. If he hasn't figured out what he feels for me during those four months then I don't think he ever felt something for me".

"But Anna. Maybe staying away from you makes him realise it. You only have said that he is very complicated sometimes. Every human is different. Some takes time to understand their emotions". Ashley looked at me.

"Why are you guys trying to convince me that he felt something for me"? I asked not in annoyance but with curiosity.

"We have talked about it and all four of us and we came to same conclusion. Even Brittany agreed with us saying something was there between you and It wasn't just one sided". Selena said.

"But I won't forgive him for what he did to you Anna. If he wasn't sure about his feelings then he should have stayed just friend". Ashley's voice contained anger. She usually doesn't gets angry fast. But whenever she gets angry then it must be very serious.

"But I don't blame him Ash. So let it go. And regarding what Sel said. I know what you mean by there was something between us. I know I knew we had a chemistry. Everything felt easy with him. Every talk we had, every glance we shared held some kind of connection. He understood me so deeply like no one has before and I did the same. We knew almost everything about each other. We were two people who were more than friends but less then lovers. We just stayed in between". I sighed.

"Will you ever move on from him"? Selena asked.

"I don't know Sel. Even the thought of letting him go is making my heart aches. Time will tell".  I whispered.

"Let's change the topic now". Ashley said cheerfully and I smiled at her effort. We talked for some more time then went to bed .

Next morning when I woke up I checked my phone out of habit and saw there is a message from Aaron. It says hello busy girl. My lips curled into a sad smile. I wanted to text him back saying I am not busy. I am just avoiding you but I didn't. Simply I texted a Hi and how are you. I kept my phone aside and got ready for the day. As I  came out of my room I saw no one is at the apartment. They must have left for their  college. I ate some cereal along with coffee. After finishing my breakfast I washed the bowl and mug and walked out locking apartment on my way. Me and Brittany reached office at our usual time and started our work. My phone buzzed with a message . I checked it immediately to see whether Aaron has replied but it is a message from unknown number. It says I think I forgot my heart yesterday in your bag can you search it and text back when you find it. I laughed knowing who is it.