Mutalba

"Akhir kesa aadmi hai ye. Itni akar. Dil to kr rha tha vahin khare khare iss ka gala duba doon." she said as she walked out of the Malik Haveli.

"Mein bhi Dilainoor hun. Nhe manoon gi." she said  as her phone started ringing.
"Hello?" she asked.
"Dr, ap kahan hn." her colleague asked.
"Hospital hi aarhi hun, kiun kia hua?"
" Dr... um actually, Asif ki condition bahut critical hai aur we might need you to take over."
" Kia matlab uss ki surgery to 4 baje hai, abhi 11 bj rhe hn." she said.
" He needed surgery ASAP but abhi koi bhi senior doctor free nhe hai. I dont know what to do."

" Acha, I'll be there." she said and ran in to her car. Trying to bring the engine to life, she turned the key repeatedly but nothing seemed to happen. The car refused to turn on even after repeated attempts.
Noor was getting impatient. She had no time to fidget with the stupid car and calling a taxi would take time.

Now, she only had one option.........
I'm gonna hate myself for this, she told herself

" Sir, Dr Sahiba, wants to talk to you. " Ali, Mairaaj's secretary informed.

Mairaaj raised an eyebrow and walked outside to see her fiddling with her fingers, anxiety clearly lacing her face.
"Everything, alright?" he asked genuinely.

"I.......need your help." she said after contemplating for atleast a dozen times.
The same smug expression returned on Mairaaj's face as he said," acha?"

"A patient of mine is in critical condition and my car isn't starting, mujhe hospital pohnchna hai."

listening to that, Mairaaj's smile disapperead and was replaced by a serious look as he motioned to his secretary,"Ali, keys."

Taking the key from his hand, Mairaaj walked ahead while Noor followed behind.

He began driving fast.
Picking up the call," Dr, the patient has cerebral hemorrhage."
"Mujhe CT scan bhejo, abhi." she said.
Looking over at the scan, she quickly said into her phone," Patient ki AVM ruptured hai, get ready for the surgery."
" Lekin, Dr...."
"I'll call Dr Sahir." she said.

While a havoc was inside Noor, Mairaaj keenly listened to each of the things she said, a silent praise for her leadership.

As the car slowly started halting, she pulled the door open and ran, not looking back, a sudden realization that she forgot to thank him.

Pushing the thought to the back of her head, she got into her scrubs and got ready for surgery. It seemed that Sahir had already gotten to the rescue but seeing Noor, he let her take over while he assisted her.

After the excrutiangly long surgery, she removed her mask and gloves as she walked out of the OT.
Still thinking about how rudely she walked out on him after he helped her.

As she walked outside into the waiting area, there he stood, talking to someone on the phone, seeing him there surprised her especially due to the fact that the surgery lasted for 2 hours.

Did he really wait that long for her?

Slowly walking upto him, she could hear him say,
" Mne ap se kaha tha ke mein ap ki ye baat nhe manun ga." he said in a low but angry voice.

After a pause, he cut off the phone and turned only to find her standing behind him.

Keeping her face neutral, Noor said," Thankyou... meri madad krne ke liye."

" Ofcourse." he simply stated.
The electric sparks flew between their gazes, either for love or intrigue...... neither of em knew.

Sudden foot steps brought them out of their stance as Sahir walked out if the OT, a sudden smile on his face after looking at Noor.