Lights display

Ariel's POV

It had been a day since you boarded the ship, yet it felt like an eternity. Anxious to distract yourself, you rushed to the deck, hoping to find something of interest.

As you arrived, you spotted your sister seated by the edge of the boat. A sinister smirk spread across your face at the mere thought of rough seas toppling her into the depths of the ocean. Then, the box and its powers would be yours alone.

With a sigh, you acknowledged that for now, you had to bide your time and continue plotting ways to eliminate her.

Lost in your thoughts, she suddenly called your name, jolting you back to reality.

"Ariel!"

"Huh?" you gasped, clutching your chest.

"Oops! Was that too loud?" she asked, flashing an awkward smile.

"You think?... Try that again, and you might not be lucky enough to have me save you," you said, attempting to instill fear. "Anyway, what's up?"

She shrugged.

"It's getting late, and... this island seems like a suitable place to spend the night," she declared.

"So? Let's keep sailing!" you commanded, turning away to gaze at the vast expanse of the open sea before you. "We have a long journey ahead if we want to obtain those powers before anyone else does," you added.

"Ugh!" she groaned, collapsing onto the deck and playfully kicking at the air as she lay on her back.

"...Jasmine, you..." you started to say, but your stomach rudely interrupted you.

Glancing down at your hungry stomach, you couldn't deny the truth. The tantalizing aroma of roasted beef wafted through the air, seemingly emanating from the nearby island. You glanced between the island and your sister, who was now dozing off.

"Hey!" you yelled.

"Ah!... What now?!" she yelled back.

"Let's go with your idea," you replied, trying to maintain a serious demeanor.

"Yay!... I mean, sure thing."

Soon, the boat docked, and you both stepped onto dry land. It was evening, and finding a place to stay for the night was essential.

Fortunately, the king of the island happened to pass by, noticing your presence. He listened to your predicament and kindly offered his assistance. You were escorted to the palace in his royal chariot.

After being shown your sleeping quarters, you were expected to dine with the king, his family, and anyone else present at the table. Expressing gratitude, you settled in, with a clear purpose in mind—sleep.

Hours later, still awake and perched on the windowsill, you devised a plan to retrieve the box and obtain its powers before anyone else. Determination burned within you, and you believed nothing could stand in your way.

Hearing footsteps a few minutes later, you quickly hid beneath the covers, waiting for the passerby to move along. The footfalls abruptly ceased, disappearing like a fleeting breeze.

Curiosity piqued, you cautiously peered through the keyhole, hoping to catch a glimpse of someone outside. However, the hallway appeared vacant. Opening the door with care, you silently ventured into the corridor, making your way toward the source of the mysterious sound.

What you discovered next left you in utter disbelief. Radiant beams of multicolored light spilled from beneath a door, captivating yet rousing suspicion. Reaching for the handle, you found it unlocked, allowing you to proceed.