THE ONE WHO PROTECTS

Jimin steps out of the car with that majestic elegance of his, only his incógnito attire making his cues invisible to the rest of the mortals walking the street at this time of the night

Jimin steps out of the car with that majestic elegance of his, only his incógnito attire making his cues invisible to the rest of the mortals walking the street at this time of the night. He makes his way to your door and opens it for you, putting his arm around your shoulder, locking his car to walk with you.

The night belongs to you two. In the darkness, you are nobody, very rarely recognized. In the shadows, you can be whoever you want and do whatever you desire to fulfill in your freedom.

The road is always yours and yours alone. The feeling of the wheels brushing over the hard asphalt at a measured high-speed, making up for how the nights are planned. Every place where your feet touch the ground has bodyguards in disguise. At this point, neither Namjoon nor the company are worried about Jimin's safety when you are out because you have it all under control.

This time though, once you walk inside the movie theatre, the security guard who was supposed to pass you the tickets for the movie comes to you calmly, and with a single whisper you know the night is already over. Jimin's hand at your back guides you to turn around, leading you back outside.

You are soon aware that with this one guard, another two quickly follow from a prudential distance, and once Jimin sits in the driver's seat, they run to their car. He was fast to get the engine on and drive out of the lot; much so, that he didn't notice the other car wasn't following.

The phone inside your purse sings its catchy tune, absorbing your attention away from the road and when you check it the screen shows Sewoo-nim's entrance call. With the respective courtesies, you ask him why you can't see them driving behind.

"Our wheels have been ripped. Someone knew we were here." You try to keep calm to not alert the man at your side, who shows enough distress in the way he drives, to be worrying about what might or might not be happening. To your silence the guard keeps talking, "There was a break-in at the old apartment where the receptionist and other employees are staying. No robbery, no damage done, but someone left a note. A very specific one..." he hesitates in revealing the details.

"Skip that, I don't think I wanna know. What else?" You notice Jimin tilting his head to you and you point at the road for him to focus on driving. He obeys.

"It's a death threat, Reyna." For some reason, it doesn't shock you but for how things are going, the situation feels way more worrying than just a simple threat. "You know with how the situation is–"

"I know," you interrupt him.

"We've already called the next checkpoint to find you on the road but there seems to be a traffic issue, so I'll advise you to just keep going until you get to BigHit. We can't have you on the road unprotected now," he explains with urgency. "God, I wish I had hopped in your car, I could make sure you guys are ok."

"Don't worry, I got this," you tell him. Jimin looks in your direction once more and you tilt your head to look at him. "Eyes on the road, please, Jimin-ah." Again he doesn't argue.