DARK SECRETS

Dawn breaks in the horizon with candy-pink notes that bring your mood to a bust

Dawn breaks in the horizon with candy-pink notes that bring your mood to a bust. With your face over your arm at the edge of the window - without poking out- the last days of summer seem to have come too fast.

"Do you think we should do a last round before heading home?" says Jimin, gently, as he eyes the incognito car behind his.

"I think that would be great," you say, drawing an imaginary heart in the sky.

"Who is that for?" he says, making you move to look at him, although it doesn't seem as if he has turned your way.

"Summer. I'll miss it."

"Ahh, me too. It was nice to have a week for us and go visit Rome, though." He then puts a hand on your leg and turns a second to wink. "A practice for our honeymoon."

"For that," you say, pulling his hand away from its ascending trip. "We should get married. And I see no ring in this finger, Sir.GropyHands." you tell him and he starts giggling.

"I have been thinking about it," he says, getting shy all the sudden.

"Oh, I didn't mean-"

"No. Even if you did it would be right. I-" he stops for a second and makes a turn, steering the wheel in the next lane. "I acknowledge that we have dated for a really long time and it's probably due."

He then turns in the direction of the Haeundae Beach.

"Jimin..." you say with concern.

"No, listen. I just wanted to make sure that I could have the means to settle down. A career and the skills to maintain it before I could take that step."

The last turn is to take a parking spot with views at the first line of the beach but your eyes are glued to him as he finally stops the engine.

"My parents have now known you for quite a while and I'd dare to say they see in you the daughter they didn't have." He takes your hand in his. "I promise you, that by the time I take you here again, to my hometown, you will have a pretty ring on this finger." he adds, rubbing the empty spot. "In the meanwhile, hold the thoughts that even if there hasn't been a ring on it, I have always had it clear that you are the one."

With that, he leans forward and kisses your lips gently before deepening the kiss in that way that makes you feel the connection between your two beings.

Then the buzz of your phone interrupts your moment.

"I should..." but before you finish the sentence he is nodding and you take the call, stepping out of the car, under the attentive eyes of the two bodyguards parked in the spot behind you.

"Miss Urey," a voice you know well, pronounced at the other side of the line.

"Yes."

"We are sending a taxi to your location," instructs the voice. "A folder will be waiting for you in the back seat." says the voice before hanging the phone and drains the colour out from your face.