2

3rd person P.O.V.
After that day, Shadow slowly started gaining Sonics trust. They went from hanging out with each other once a week to almost everyday.

Though Shadow hated always being around Sonic, he found it somewhat nice to socialize with someone other than Rouge.

"RUN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Sonic shouted as the girl in the movie started to investigate the noises from downstairs.

"How stupid." Shadow rolled his eyes.

"AHH! HELP ME!" The girl in the movie screamed in horror before being sliced to death. Her guts spilled all over the floor.

"Eww. I hate seeing guts." Sonic whined, covering his mouth. He hated seeing guts almost as much as he hated water.

"Stop being dramatic," Shadow sighed, rubbing his face in annoyance.

"Am I annoying you?" Sonic smirked. He had always found pleasure in annoying his rival.

"You've always been annoying, Sonic."

Sonic made a sarcastic sad face, crossing his arms over his chest. "I thought you liked me."

Shadow looked over at him before pulling out one of his quills. Sonic yelped in response.

"What was that for?" Sonic glared at him.

"Being annoying." He tossed his quill aside.

Sonic stuck his tongue out at Shadow.

"You're really childish, you know that?" He said, making Sonic glare at him even more. Sonic knew that. It was the fact that Shadow would bring it up that upset him.

"I'm going to bed." Sonic said, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"Alright." Shadow looked away. It became more awkward when no one left the room.

"Are you going to bed or are you just going to stay here and watch me sleep?" Shadow asked him, becoming annoyed with the situation.

"I thought you were going to leave."

"But I didn't."

The situation just became more awkward.

"Whatever. Just go upstairs." Shadow leaned back onto the couch. He started falling asleep before feeling something wrap around him.

He looked down to see Sonic nuzzling him.

What the hell is he doing? Shadow thought.

Shadow's P.O.V.
It was an odd thing to have him holding onto me like this, knowing that he had never done anything like this with anyone else before.

I looked at his face as he slept. His mouth was slightly open, his fingers entangled into my chest fur. I must admit, he looked stupid.

I slowly pushed him off me before reaching  out to grab my phone. He grabbed me and pinned me onto the couch before I could.

It was a weird position. I was laying down on my back, his arms wrapped around me even tighter than before as his face snuggled into my chest fur.

"Get off of me," I growled at him. He just buried his face deeper into my chest fur.

I sighed, knowing that I was stuck here.

My ears perked up at the sound of purring.

I looked down at Sonic, seeing him smiling while he purred against my chest. I could feel the rumbling vibrations through my body.

I turn my head to the side, ignoring his loud purring as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

———

I woke up seeing Sonic laying on top of me, managing to push him off me without getting pinned to the couch again. I teleported away before Sonic woke up and saw me.

Sonic's P.O.V.
I woke up before covering my eyes due to the brightness coming from the blinds. I groaned before going upstairs to sleep there instead.

I lazily plopped down onto the bed, grabbing one of my pillows and holding it close to me.

My ears perked up at the sound of a notification on my phone.

I drowsily grabbed my phone, seeing that someone had texted me. It was Shadow. He texted me about last night.

Shadow:I wanted to apologize for last night. I don't know if you even remember, but you fell asleep on top of me last night.

I felt my cheeks heat up at his text.

Did I really do that?

Sonic:It's fine. No homo. Haha.

Did I really just say that?

I tossed my phone aside, despite being tired.

"I really did that..." I mumbled to myself.