4

3rd person P.O.V.
A few days passed since the two of them last hung out, leaving Sonic to question himself about what he really thought about Shadow.

Shadow, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with him. At least he thinks he does. Still trying to figure that out, Shadow gets mad whenever someone mentions Sonic being around him all of the time, questioning what their relationship really is. He hated Sonic. That was all anyone needed to know.

Sonic's P.O.V.
"It's complicated," I groaned, leaning back on the chair. Tails sighed before turning away from what he was doing to look at me.

"You've been rambling on for hours about how you think your relationship with Shadow is complicated," he sighed, putting down his wrench and walking towards me.

"Give yourself a break." He placed his hand on my shoulder, "You are only stressing yourself out with all of this."

"I know, I know." I sighed, "What am I even going to do?" I asked. He looked away for a few seconds before bringing me over to the invention that he was working on.

"Why don't you hang out with me? I miss doing things with you." He smiled. I nodded, asking him more about his invention.

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Get out of my office." I growled. Rouge kept asking me about Sonic. It was really starting to piss me off already.

"I'm not judging or anything," she smirked.

"What are you even doing here? Aren't you supposed to be working?" I asked.

"It's called getting a break,' Rouge said.

I rolled my eyes and fiddled with the pen in my hand.

Rouge chuckled before patting my head, "I'll always be here if you ever need me."

She left the room after that.

I scoffed before gathering my things, getting ready to leave. I passed by her office, flipping her off on the way out.

3rd person P.O.V.
Sonic was getting ready to dash home before  he felt a drop of water suddenly land on his cheek. He touched his cheek, feeling water on his finger. He realized it was going to rain.

"Aw man." Sonic whined. He hated water more than anything else in the world.

He sneezed as he felt a droplet of water land on his nose, startling his dark counterpart who he hadn't realized was behind him.

He quickly took out an umbrella, pulling Sonic under it. Sonic was surprised before realizing that it was Shadow.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Don't scare me like that!" Sonic pushed Shadow away from him. His fur started getting wet from the rain as he wasn't under the umbrella anymore, causing him to shiver slightly.

"Stop being like that," he pulled him back under it, "You are going to get sick walking home in the rain." Shadow pointed out.

"I don't need—" Sonic sneezed mid sentence, making Shadow roll his eyes. "You're already getting sick. I'm taking you back to my house before the rain gets worse." He said, taking out a chaos emerald. "Chaos..." He spoke under his breath, "...control." The both of them appeared in Shadows living room.

"Let go of me!" Sonic hissed, pulling his arm away from Shadow.

"Why can't you just appreciate the fact that I saved your ass back there?" Shadow growled at him, making Sonic stay quiet.

"Just sit down. I'll get you a blanket." Shadow said. Sonic nodded in response and sat down on the couch, not wanting to piss him off.

Shadow came back with the blanket a few minutes later, seeing Sonic asleep on the couch. He sighed, putting the blanket over him. Sonic instantly cuddled into the blanket, purring from the sudden warmth.

Shadow sat down next to him, petting his quills. Sonic purred louder and grabbed his hand, nuzzling it gently with his cheek.

Shadow chuckled, caressing his cheek with his finger. Even though he hated Sonic, he found his small reactions to certain things adorable.

Shadow soon fell asleep next to him. The both of them shifted around in their sleep to where Sonic was sitting in Shadows lap.