01 |Greek God

I don't have the heart to tell him that this food doesn't taste nice

"Autumn, darling." My dad calls out to me, breaking me out of the train of thought I was lost in,

my head snaps up, looking at him from across the dining table. "Mhm?" I hum, looking back down at the green mush on my plate.

He tips his chin to the food, "Aren't you going to eat any? I tried a recipe that I found online,"

He sounds so excited about it, now I feel bad because I don't like it.

"I'm sorry, dad, I'm just not hungry at the moment." I lie, I haven't eaten all day and I'm starving.

He rolls his eyes at me playfully, "Autumn," he chuckles slightly "I know you well enough to tell that you don't like it, why don't you go make yourself some Mac n' cheese, huh?"

I give him a cheeky grin, "sorryyy, it's just not that nice."

He raises his eyebrows at me, faking a look of offense as he puts a hand over his heart. "Go and make yourself some Mac n' cheese before I change my mind-"

I won't let him finish his sentence as I'm already jogging into the kitchen, I can't hear his laughter getting quieter the further I run.

I smile as I make it to my kitchen, I wouldn't give anything to change my life.

———

my forever🫶🕯️💕: hi, feel like coming down to the cafe to have some coffee? I'm craving it rn.

I look down at the message from my best friend, Amelia, and I smile.

I instantly reply,

Me: ofc!!! I'll be there in about 15 mins. Is that ok?

I check the time, seeing that it's 4:00 pm and I look at myself through the mirror in my bedroom, looking at my outfit.

I was wearing a floral ruffle dress and I smiled in contentment at my outfit as the sun shone brightly through my window,

What I love about summer the most is all the dresses I can wear and how it doesn't get dark early.

I glance back at my mirror, doing a little dance and laughing, before grabbing my wired headphone from my bedside table and putting them in my ears.

I leave them there without any music as I go downstairs,

I don't see my dad in the living room so I walk to go check into the kitchen.

About to walk in, I freeze when I hear a deep, manly chuckle. Okay, that was not my dad.

I slowly peek into the kitchen, and it feels as if the breath gets knocked out of my throat.

My jaw hits the floor as I take in the man in front of me.

He's tall and muscular. Wearing a tight suit and his large hands gripping one of my coffee mugs, taking a sip as he laughs at something my dad says.